PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I said I was fabulously wealthy! Don't hate me for my macaroni privilege.
    iu

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    You might be looking at the new normal.

I hope not, but you never know. Honestly, the inflation is not going to reverse (though I expect it to slow down sometime in the next year.) But some of the initial crazy prices on firearms and ammo have already gone back down. While they won't go all the way back to the prices of 2+ years ago, I do expect them to fall further and eventually stabilize.

It may take another 2 years though. It's ok, I'm patient. While I would always "like" another gun or gun accessory, I never "need" another one. And thankfully I stockpiled ammo when it was cheap, so I won't run out too soon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope not, but you never know. Honestly, the inflation is not going to reverse (though I expect it to slow down sometime in the next year.) But some of the initial crazy prices on firearms and ammo have already gone back down. While they won't go all the way back to the prices of 2+ years ago, I do expect them to fall further and eventually stabilize.

It may take another 2 years though. It's ok, I'm patient. While I would always "like" another gun or gun accessory, I never "need" another one. And thankfully I stockpiled ammo when it was cheap, so I won't run out too soon.
    Impossible to say. The market forces are from every angle. Way too many outside influences.
    Positives in this is I see the mfgs. developing new models and variants to sell. So maybe they see something that I/we don't.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Lumber has come down a lot from what I am seeing. Last spring I bought a untreated 2x12 x8' long for my new reloading bench it cost me $39.99, I need another one for a different project and they are now $13.99 so quite a difference. Jim.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Impossible to say. The market forces are from every angle. Way too many outside influences.
    Positives in this is I see the mfgs. developing new models and variants to sell. So maybe they see something that I/we don't.
    The best time to buy firearms is always right now. The only better time was yesterday.

Provided, of course, you know what you're buying and you're buying from reputable dealer (or someone you trust selling privately).

jwcarter2006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm a independent distributor for a popular snack company that sales product into grocery stores like Wal-Mart and Kroger. We will be having another price increase in January that will be bigger than the one we had back in September. I think we are in for a bumpy ride for the next 12 months.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Since no one has posted since the Eve, did Santa bring peace to all and common sense as well?

No. The answer is no. Better chance of an elf birthing a unicorn. Not totally on the spot,but man these (insert non-binary descriptive text here)'s are low fruit. I give you; Necro-cherry popping for shinys. All the cool kids are doing it

Last edited:

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    I understand why the rule is in place, I get it, however the majority of us aren't scammers, I'm just trying to buy my first gun. I've made over 50 posts but someone keeps deleting how many actual "quality" posts I have on my profile, as if I enjoy sitting here for hours on a keyboard and then its all for not... Someone could have already had a sale and $600 by now but nope. So hopefully that firearm is still available when I'm deemed Quality enough.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    456m6i.jpg

But in all seriousness: it seems the moderators do not have the same definition of "quality" - and frankly even if they were 50 really really REALLY good posts in your first day, they'll probably get smushed.

Of course, even if they didn't you'd still need to deal with a seller who is not likely to want to transact with an unknown quantity.

Stick around, there's way more than shiny doodads for sale to enjoy. Hope to meet you at the range someday.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I understand why the rule is in place, I get it, however the majority of us aren't scammers, I'm just trying to buy my first gun. I've made over 50 posts but someone keeps deleting how many actual "quality" posts I have on my profile, as if I enjoy sitting here for hours on a keyboard and then its all for not... Someone could have already had a sale and $600 by now but nope. So hopefully that firearm is still available when I'm deemed Quality enough.

There will always be another deal. Guns are made, sold, and resold every day.

INGO is not about the classified. It is a forum with knowledge, that also has classifieds for members.
    Not only that, INGO makes nothing off the sale.

So, you have 2 options.
    1) 50 QUALITY posts. Discuss something. Don't just make a one line observation or remark. Actually, it can be one line, if it contributes and is "quality".
    This rule is in place, because we've had hundreds of people come here just for the classifieds, and they act like a guest going into your bathroom and trashing the place.
    2) $20 for a site supporter. That jumps you to where you can use the classifieds. It isn't "contributing" by exchanging info, but it is "contributing" by helping keep the site running.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, when someone logs on, and sees a bunch or threads bumped by the new guy, it kinda draws attention.
    No big deal. I've had post clipped at first. And I average somewhere around 20 or so posts a day. So, I had people looking at my post to see if I was a "runner".
    Like I said, just make sure your post are well thought out and say something. You'll get there.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    There will always be another deal. Guns are made, sold, and resold every day.

INGO is not about the classified. It is a forum with knowledge, that also has classifieds for members.
    Not only that, INGO makes nothing off the sale.

So, you have 2 options.
    1) 50 QUALITY posts. Discuss something. Don't just make a one line observation or remark. Actually, it can be one line, if it contributes and is "quality".
    This rule is in place, because we've had hundreds of people come here just for the classifieds, and they act like a guest going into your bathroom and trashing the place.
    2) $50 for a site supporter. That jumps you to where you can use the classifieds. It isn't "contributing" by exchanging info, but it is "contributing" by helping keep the site running.
    I get it, I get it. I can see how people do that in reference to the guest and bathroom, I am going to stay here and exchange info and conversate even after I hopefully buy what I want. Plenty of like minded people here and smart people too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes. We have some smart guys (gals), and some smart asses.

After a while, you'll start to learn about how much you should listen to a person.

Some guys here get a bit "quick on the trigger" to accuse someone of being a "runner".
    Which is wrong.
    But you have to remember, there was a period of time where we were getting half a dozen or so people interested in the classifieds DEMANDING special treatment, and SPAMMERS.
    half a dozen or so.. A DAY.

It kind of burned a lot of people's patience out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom