PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For quality posts from the newcomers, I would recommend they consider posting pics of wife and/or girlfriend. I was going to specify if good looking, but heck, think of the jocularity if we have some real uggers in the group.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I had 50 posts one night then it dropped me back to 0
    And I spent hours looking through and making actual posts not just randomly putting out 1 word responses
    I understand you don't want people just walking in and never using the site again but really I was a member back in the day I come back and can't do certain things. So I spend the time to get the posts and then I have to try again. Who knows if my counter will reset again tonight. I just want to try and sell a gun.

I don't know how the mods feel about this, but "3 posts" in 10 minutes with no replies in between... To me, you've made 1 post in this string of "3." Just use the edit button. (Or pay the $20, it's not that much money, and is pretty good for not having to :puke:just to make 50. The money saved is equivalent to a cheap transfer fee at an FFL, and also saves you the hassle of buying online, shipping, and waiting.)

Just my :twocents: :dunno:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I don't know how the mods feel about this, but "3 posts" in 10 minutes with no replies in between... To me, you've made 1 post in this string of "3." Just use the edit button. (Or pay the $20, it's not that much money, and is pretty good for not having to :puke:just to make 50. The money saved is equivalent to a cheap transfer fee at an FFL, and also saves you the hassle of buying online, shipping, and waiting.)

Just my :twocents: :dunno:
    Coming right out as a new member or low poster with long account history to tell us your motives helps established members decide whether to do business with you or not.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I am a fairly new member here. Before I even registered as a user I lurked, read the rules and got a feel for the place. That's what you should do with any forum you are interested in. I never understand the folks who jump in and don't know what they are jumping into.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am a fairly new member here. Before I even registered as a user I lurked, read the rules and got a feel for the place. That's what you should do with any forum you are interested in. I never understand the folks who jump in and don't know what they are jumping into.
    You lurked first and still joined. You are a brave man Marvin or very foolish... we should check with your wife first to see which one. :D

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    I've been here a few days and I wouldn't mind paying for it now, but that's after engaging with the forums. If you were made to pay outright it really would turn the forums into a booth to shout ads from. No one would have an interest in seeing the forum succeed beyond selling and buying. All this knowledge would be lost on newcomers not made to look over things before posting. I found a lot more useful here than I thought I would to be entirely forward. I thought it was going to be a drudge to get to 50, but it's actually rather addicting once you've started. My :twocents:.
    I am in a similar boat here. I think you put it perfectly. The knowledge I see disseminated here is invaluable. It’s like having a bunch of old timers in your local gunstore!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom