• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Coach won't let you sleep on his couch? Or, if you're really lucy, even snuggle up in his bed?

There's a Holiday Inn at US 36 and 465. That would maybe be my next option.

Actually Coach did offer, but then he followed it up with a bunch of mumbled words about torture devices and dungeons and becoming too much like rhino and I got a little scared.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I can understand that...

At the same time, while this is not a martial arts class, you don't find those class-takers training in their work clothes.

Which is why I ask.

To me, training in "gym clothes" can be a better way to get better training without the encumbrances of work clothes.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I can understand that...

At the same time, while this is not a martial arts class, you don't find those class-takers training in their work clothes.

Which is why I ask.

To me, training in "gym clothes" can be a better way to get better training without the encumbrances of work clothes.

That encumbrance of work clothes is important to feel first hand, so you can plan accordingly. Unless you're attacked on your way home from the gym, there's a good chance you will face that encumbrance in a real world encounter.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I can understand that...

Which is why I ask.

Welllll, Josh has a problem with ripping his shorts in this class, so I would say wear something you don't mind damaging.:): Wear whatever is comfortable for you and will allow a full range of motion. Skinny jeans may not work well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6LqWGi79g

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Agreed. Somehow the last 2 MC classes I've shredded my pants. I'll still wear jeans or shorts but have some back up gym shorts just in case.

Street clothes will let you put on blue guns and trainer knives if you want. I agree with train how you fight but this class is more about training how to train. T-shirt and gym shorts won't hamper your learning any. Just be comfortable and make sure what you wear is durable or you won't get mad if it gets damaged.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    ICP likes to take his pants off before a grappling session. It gives him that real Roman Colleseum feel (and some other feelings we shouldn't discuss here). So that's always an option.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I can understand that...

Which is why I ask.

Dude if you are looking for a excuse to wear gym shorts and flip flops then go for it.

It is a judgment free zone (not really)

Top Bottom