OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Here he is from last Monday. My daughter took forever to get the shot she wanted. Dogs don't like having their eyes blocked.

Tiny 9 pound Ninja Warrior Beast. Actually her dog.
    But he's a regular dog. Everything you would expect of a dog, just super compact.

Awesome little guy! Took me a while to realize tiny dogs are cool, too. View attachment 347101
    Fun picture :)

Just my opinion. We have three district species of dogs on earth. The first and oldest still sees humans as a possible food source. The second will give their life to protect their human pack and does not need to even move to let a threat know it means business.The second type are generally either protectors or hunters for their pack. The third has all four feet get off the ground when it barks, trying to the do the job of the second type, and often does not understand it is not the second type. Some of the third type are great for hunting small burrowing game though. :)

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Q, I call the little fellow took about six months to warm up to me. We got him from a shelter. He had only been there a couple of days, but the back story was sad.

He had been in a cage for a long time and apparently had been abused by a big "wish-he-was-a" alpha male type. He was terrified of me, but bonded with the two women of the family instantly.
    He was skinny, but in a month he looked like ARNOLD almost. We walked him all we could and muscles started showing up everywhere.
    Great to see!

Now he and I are best buds!

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Q, I call the little fellow took about six months to warm up to me. We got him from a shelter. He had only been there a couple of days, but the back story was sad.

He had been in a cage for a long time and apparently had been abused by a big "wish-he-was-a" alpha male type. He was terrified of me, but bonded with the two women of the family instantly.
    He was skinny, but in a month he looked like ARNOLD almost. We walked him all we could.

Now he and I are best buds!
    I rescued 2 GSD from the Attica animal shelter last year. They were both nearly starved to death and just skeletons. I have done my best with them. One still poops or pees in the house way to frequently, and even bite me when I jumped into a 3 way GSD fight to break it up and save the GSD I have had for years(led to a hospital trip for me from the bite. I do not believe it was intentional, just that my arm was in the way of her target). That was a few months ago. Things have calmed down considerably as I have been much more strict about even mock/play fighting. Everyone is now fully aware I am in charge and my oldest gsd is the alpha dog(rolling the aggressor on her back for any aggression to the other dogs worked well, if she ever showed signs of aggression to myself or the kids she would not still be here).
    Potty training the 6 year old(estimated by vet) is still a work in progress, but she is much better than she originally was. Thankfully when she does not go outside she uses the bathroom floor as it is easier to clean up than say carpet or a rug.

Life is a journey and apparently part of mine is giving love to mistreated dogs and humans. No one ever promised me life would be easy, and that is probably a great thing lol. :)

Does Q invent things? If not you need to step up your training program :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    K. I'm caught up. Planted 4 Better Boys and put the "Wall o' Water" around them tonight. 4 collard green plants in(thought they were Brussels sprouts) I like collards, we'll see how they grow. Gotta get some deer restriction up tomorrow. Then plant the cauliflower and broccoli plants I got at Whipker's on the way home.
    Nuther raised bed to build too.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I'm not sure what you mean by "invent things," but I am curious to know more.

Other than "cheating" at fetch by only bringing a toy partway back and guarding it, sometimes.
    Then if you try to pick the toy up he briskly grabs it and moves it about two feet further away and just sits there, guarding it, smiling, as happy as a dog can show.
    He beat me!
    He will do that several times before he brings it back to throw again. Then he wants some tug-of-war before he lets go.
    It's become my favorite game with him. It's his game.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not sure what you mean by "invent things," but I am curious to know more.

Other than "cheating" at fetch by only bringing a toy partway back and guarding it, sometimes.
    Then if you try to pick the toy up he briskly grabs it and moves it about two feet further away and just sits there, guarding it, smiling, as happy as a dog can show.
    He beat me!
    He will do that several times before he brings it back to throw again. Then he wants some tug-of-war before he lets go.
    It's become my favorite game with him. It's his game.
    So he has not created say a car with the ability to fetch for him yet?
    He has a fairly famous namesake.
    "age is no guarantee of efficiency and youth is no guarantee of innovation." Q

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I rescued 2 GSD from the Attica animal shelter last year. They were both nearly starved to death and just skeletons. I have done my best with them. One still poops or pees in the house way to frequently, and even bite me when I jumped into a 3 way GSD fight to break it up and save the GSD I have had for years(led to a hospital trip for me from the bite. I do not believe it was intentional, just that my arm was in the way of her target). That was a few months ago. Things have calmed down considerably as I have been much more strict about even mock/play fighting. Everyone is now fully aware I am in charge and my oldest gsd is the alpha dog(rolling the aggressor on her back for any aggression to the other dogs worked well, if she ever showed signs of aggression to myself or the kids she would not still be here).
    Potty training the 6 year old(estimated by vet) is still a work in progress, but she is much better than she originally was. Thankfully when she does not go outside she uses the bathroom floor as it is easier to clean up than say carpet or a rug.

Life is a journey and apparently part of mine is giving love to mistreated dogs and humans. No one ever promised me life would be easy, and that is probably a great thing lol. :)

Thank you for opening up your home and heart. It takes work and as you know not always fun BUT it pays off. We have a springer border collie mix that had a few homes prior to our place.. That's Jack, Jack on crack is more like it.
    We have a couple of horses too that we have rescued and it took a year for the gelding we have to trust me, it just takes time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom