• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I was waiting to send my consecutive serial # RRA SBR project receivers off to Orion Arms until I could meet up with Greg of BG firearms to get a copy of his FFL/SOT. But, I read today on the Orion Arms website that you need to include a FFL for "new receiver purchases".

Does this mean they can send receivers you already own straight back to you without going through a FFL or do I still need to include one for the receivers I already own?

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Their website is not very clear. How much can a person expect for them to charge to mark an SBR AR15?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Their website is not very clear. How much can a person expect for them to charge to mark an SBR AR15?

Send them an email describing where you want your engraving and what you need to have engraved and they will send you a quote.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

I have two stripped receivers with them right now. It was $35 each for two lines in front of the magwell and $15 return shipping with insurance for a total of $85.

I am sending a third this week but I may have this one done under the trigger group.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    My two lowers arrived at Orion Arms last night. There website says 4-6 weeks anybody know if thats actually how long they are taking? Also do they respond with a tracking number when they send them back?

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Question for those who've sent to OA. I'm just nervous having sent a firearm so this may be just me. It shows residential, I thought Orion's was a business. I checked my status and it showed it was delivered, signed by Orein? I never trust UPS drivers so the name just seems off. Am I worrying for no reason?

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Do lowers need to be shipped with ups? Or can you ship them with usps? Also sort of a dumb question but does the lower need to be completely stripped?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Question for those who've sent to OA. I'm just nervous having sent a firearm so this may be just me. It shows residential, I thought Orion's was a business. I checked my status and it showed it was delivered, signed by Orein? I never trust UPS drivers so the name just seems off. Am I worrying for no reason?

Mine reverted over to residential also. I just assumed it was because it was in rural MN and is probably in some big pole barn or shop out in the middle of nowhere. I emailed them to confirm delivery just because I lost my UPS receipt, but I felt bad taking up there time.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Do lowers need to be shipped with ups? Or can you ship them with usps? Also sort of a dumb question but does the lower need to be completely stripped?

Must go UPS because that is Orions request due to wierd business hours. They also like lowers to be completely stripped. I believe the bolt release left in and the trigger guard is OK. It has the rules on the website.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I sent two lowers on 1/2/09 one was completey stripped and the other i left the trigger guard, front take down pin and bolt catch on. They use some type of lubricant when they do the engraving so I figured if i was taking of the pistol buffer tube I might as well take the trigger out also. They can only engrave on the front of the Magwell with a complete stripped lower.

I just got an email from UPS and should have both of mine back on 1/22/09. Not a bad turn around time I would say. Now just need my 3 stamps and Spikes 5.5" upper to complete my SBR builds.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Twin SBR Lowers Back From Orion

Got both of mine back today. The lettering looks great but I think they could have done a better job "re-blackning". I am going to have to touch up with some dura-coat or something. Or maybe just fill it in with white.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Top Bottom