• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Speaking of Creep covers, it’s been a while since I checked on this thread, don’t think I have seen this one posted, but THIS cover was just mind blowing for me. I love the way he just walks away at the end.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but Dolly Parton after being nominated to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame decided to make a Rock album. It is due out this November (2023). Below is the track list which is mostly covers. I am personally looking forward to it.

Rockstar Tracklist:
    01. Rockstar (special guest Richie Sambora)
    02. World on Fire
    03. Every Breath You Take (feat. Sting)
    04. Open Arms (feat. Steve Perry)
    05. Magic Man (feat. Ann Wilson with special guest Howard Leese)
    06. Long As I Can See The Light (feat. John Fogerty)
    07. Either Or (feat. Kid Rock)
    08. I Want You Back (feat. Steven Tyler with special guest Warren Haynes)
    09. What Has Rock And Roll Ever Done For You (feat. Stevie Nicks with special guest Waddy Wachtel)
    10. Purple Rain
    11. Baby, I Love Your Way (feat. Peter Frampton)
    12. I Hate Myself For Loving You (feat. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
    13. Night Moves (feat. Chris Stapleton)
    14. Wrecking Ball (feat. Miley Cyrus)
    15. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (feat. P!nk & Brandi Carlile)
    16. Keep On Loving You (feat. Kevin Cronin)
    17. Heart Of Glass (feat. Debbie Harry)
    18. Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (feat. Elton John)
    19. Tried To Rock And Roll Me (feat. Melissa Etheridge)
    20. Stairway To Heaven (feat. Lizzo & Sasha Flute)
    21. We Are The Champions
    22. Bygones (feat. Rob Halford with special guests Nikki Sixx & John 5)
    23. My Blue Tears (feat. Simon Le Bon)
    24. What’s Up? (feat. Linda Perry)
    25. You’re No Good (feat. Emmylou Harris & Sheryl Crow)
    26. Heartbreaker (feat. Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo)
    27. Bittersweet (feat. Michael McDonald)
    28. I Dreamed About Elvis (feat. Ronnie McDowell with special guest The Jordanaires)
    29. Let It Be (feat. Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr with special guests Peter Frampton & Mick Fleetwood)
    30. Free Bird (feat. Ronnie Van Zant with special guests Gary Rossington, Artimus Pyle and The Artimus Pyle Band)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Everyone has heard "Calling Baton Rouge" by Garth Brooks, but it's a cover. The Oak Ridge Boys did it first in 1978, but that's not the version I prefer. In 1989, New Grass Revival did a version that is, IMHO, better than the original or Garth's.

The success of that tune broke up Newgrass Revival....Bela is one of the greatest banjo pickers of all time and that song didn't have a good banjo part in it....Bela told Sam, "I know we're making money but I'm not happy unless I am playing...I quit..." so Sam said, "you can't quit...I quit first.." and they both started laughing...Sam joined up with Emmylou and Bela started the Flecktones...They can still jam lol....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The success of that tune broke up Newgrass Revival....Bela is one of the greatest banjo pickers of all time and that song didn't have a good banjo part in it....Bela told Sam, "I know we're making money but I'm not happy unless I am playing...I quit..." so Sam said, "you can't quit...I quit first.." and they both started laughing...Sam joined up with Emmylou and Bela started the Flecktones...They can still jam lol....

Sam, Bela' and John played on Garth's version.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sam Bela' and John played on Garth's version.
    I met Sam and John at Jim Porter's back in the late 90s...they played under a fake name,

Duckbutter...maybe a hundred people there...you had to know who "Duckbutter" was to know what you were going to see...Tim Krekel and Sam swapped lead on electric...it was Sam's old band when he lived in Louisville...every year they'd play Louisville, Lexington and Bowling Green as Duckbutter lol....all rock and roll and electric...I'm friends with Sam's cousin Chip...I bought my Ratliff mandolin from Chip...he's no slouch with the mandolin either...must be in their blood lol....

Here they are back when I saw them...Sam's "alter ego" lol...

Top Bottom