Opinions requested for Vietnam Bring back weapons book cover!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Hi Guys,

I'm wrapping up my book on Vietnam bring back weapons and have been trying to come up with a cool cover. I would greatly appreciate everyone's opinions on what I have so far. They still need some tweaking. A bring back Luger from an advisor is also in the book so I was thinking of placing it on a Vietnam red beret as another option. Thanks!
    Book co1.png Bookco2.png NAAM COVER1.png Vietnam book cover.png VN cover 1.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is my favorite since it has the most variety.

naam-cover1-png.175488

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Got a b&w pic of a vet posing with one? Like in uniform, in country or back home... that’s the first thought I had. Who the subject is wouldn’t be critical - a random GI photo would do the trick.

I’ve been recently restoring a handful of vietnam photos for my aunt; I haven’t seen any with a trophy weapon though.

Scann001v3.jpg

But of the choices you presented, I think the collection pic is the most interesting; a collage arrangement would be cool too. The titles could use some help, I’m glad to lend a hand.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I like the title you have, and I like the photo with multiple guns that everyone else likes. However, I hate the font you chose on that one, makes it look like a meme.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Just my humble opinion, but I would not tend to put an actual picture that you will use in the book on the book.

With the historical proximity of the Vietnam war the largest obstacles to teaching is what people already know and people think they know but is wrong.

I would tend to put something of controversial excitement on the cover to draw people in.

For example: years ago my brother was at a Vietnam war show down in Georgia. People had brought all manner of things to show. One had brought a fully restored Jeep of the era with a Vulcan Minigun mounted in the place of the usual Maw Deuce. Someone came along and said, "That is nice but you know they never really had one of those..." to which the owner plops down a photo album with a period picture of the same type jeep with one person driving and the other hanging on to the Mini rockin and rollin.

That right there told a whole group of people who already thought the same thing themselves 'maybe what I was told isn't the total truth and I should try to acquire more info'. Then the real teaching could commence.

On the inside cover you could have a notation "About the cover" and then go on with the presentation to people who would have other wise flipped through the book making glances at the pictures to where they WANT TO KNOW everything that is in every word you have published.

Just my thoughts on the subject...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The font should be vertical colors of the Vietnam service ribbon, by that I meal the red stripes on the yellow background should be horizontal, like the South Vietnam flag

1024px-Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg.png

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    The font should be vertical colors of the Vietnam service ribbon, by that I meal the red stripes on the yellow background should be horizontal, like the South Vietnam flag

1024px-Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg.png
    Thanks MrSmitty that is an excellent idea! What I'm going to do is use the Vietnam service ribbon as the cover border. Have it at the top and run the green ends down the sides and at the bottom. I think that will look good. Something like this:
    VN RIBBON.png

Top Bottom