• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Occasionally short-stroking is why I sold my 870. I replaced it with a Mossberg 930SPX, and never looked back. But that 870 Wingmaster, from 1972, was a great gun.
    Don’t get me wrong I am not saying pumps are useless all I am saying is they are misrepresented when people offer them as the end all solution to untrained (likely to remain that way) individuals for self defense which will likely be the most stressful event in a persons life increasing the chances of failure.

With high brass there are MANY reliable semi auto options. Not to mention reduced recoil.

* Not an expert just a guy with a different opinion. *

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My magnum 1100 12 ga runs 1250 fps low brass lead just fine
    I feel we got off on the wrong foot lol nothing I am saying is derogatory to you or your shotguns. A lot of semi auto shotguns run into issues when running the lighter loads. Obviously they all don’t have that problem but I was simply saying if you want a reliable semi auto you aren’t going to train with you’re better off with high brass the reduce the risk of malfunctions

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I've owned a benelli m1-super 90 tactical since the late 90's when H&K was importing them. Once broken in it will run extra light trap loads to heavy 3 inch magnums. I would go with the M2 from my experience with the M1. After shooting it and then switching to an 1100 you'll be amazed at how slow the 1100 cycles. It also stays amazingly clean because it's recoil operated.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've owned a benelli m1-super 90 tactical since the late 90's when H&K was importing them. Once broken in it will run extra light trap loads to heavy 3 inch magnums. I would go with the M2 from my experience with the M1. After shooting it and then switching to an 1100 you'll be amazed at how slow the 1100 cycles. It also stays amazingly clean because it's recoil operated.
    Yeah, 1100s seem slow and noisy but they still work :)

That Benelli recoil operated system is fast but it comes at the price of comfort IMHO

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    If you are open to other suggestions, I would highly recommend the Beretta 1301. I found a 1301 Tactical LE when looking for a M4 and I don’t have any regrets. It is an amazing shotgun. Can shoot faster than I can pull the trigger. Even has ran 100% with birdshot.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    At this point I have no real preference between the M2 or the M4 I was just curious as to that the real differences between them...besides the price. The 870 isn't even in the running. I will be picking an 870 up regardless of which Benelli I get. The only question is when. At the same time or separately.
    My wife has an 870 Tactical in 20 GA and she absolutely LOVES it...she shoots it better than I do!
    It came with the OEM extended tube and I put a youth butt stock on it (13.5" LOP) to fit her better.
    I've shot it several times and we're pleased to the point of not wanting a different HD shotgun.
    For Home Defense...#3 shot works just great, has sufficient stopping power and, most importantly,
    has manageable recoil for the wife.

Top Bottom