• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I am wanting a little more "fill" in my hand and was looking at this.
    Hogue Handall
    Good/bad, anybody have or felt one? Probably the same material as all their grips right? It would be going on a G19.

campbellrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    i've got one on a MII ruger, a PA63, and a sigma 40VE like the way they all fit the hand, the palm swell just fills the hand better for me.

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Got one on my beretta and also love it. I think i paid less than that at midway, and thought that if I didn't like it, it was only 6.00.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I personally didn't like the extra palm swell on my G19. It made the grip more comfortable, but too big around.

However, my Dad puts one on every defensive pistol.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't like them. I had one on my duty pistol for the first couple of years I was on. Eventually they stretch and can spin on the frame changing the position of your hand on the gun therefore affecting your shooting.

Does anyone remember the Butler P.D. police officer who was murdered a few years ago after getting into a struggle with the bad guy over the officers weapon? The officer had a Hogue grip on the frame of his Glock and it was found next to his body. It had been torn off during the struggle over the gun. I can't say that the grip tearing off was the reason for the officer losing that battle but it obviously didn't help.

If it's the feel of the rubber that appeals to you, I recommend cutting a section of bicycle innertube and wrapping it around the frame. The innertube is thin and won't won't be bearing much of the force should you find yourself in a similar situation to the Butler officer. It also won't make any difference if it spins on you as that won't change your grip.

My opinion only and of course it's worth exactly what you paid for it but I wouldn't have one on my gun.

campbellrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    I don't like them. I had one on my duty pistol for the first couple of years I was on. Eventually they stretch and can spin on the frame changing the position of your hand on the gun therefore affecting your shooting.

Does anyone remember the Butler P.D. police officer who was murdered a few years ago after getting into a struggle with the bad guy over the officers weapon? The officer had a Hogue grip on the frame of his Glock and it was found next to his body. It had been torn off during the struggle over the gun. I can't say that the grip tearing off was the reason for the officer losing that battle but it obviously didn't help.

If it's the feel of the rubber that appeals to you, I recommend cutting a section of bicycle innertube and wrapping it around the frame. The innertube is thin and won't won't be bearing much of the force should you find yourself in a similar situation to the Butler officer. It also won't make any difference if it spins on you as that won't change your grip.

My opinion only and of course it's worth exactly what you paid for it but I wouldn't have one on my gun.
    a bicycle innertube does'nt have palm swells:rolleyesedit: rex

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And the palm swells of the Hogue, when it stretches out and turns on you, will jack with your shooting grip and consistency :rolleyesedit:

As I stated, it's an opinion and worth what you paid.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cory I tried the innertube trick after not liking the palm swell on the Hogue. Here's a pic of it on my G19. I actually modified it by punching small holes around the tube, making it more "spider-web-ish".

2ry5ab5.jpg

campbellrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    And the palm swells of the Hogue, when it stretches out and turns on you, will jack with your shooting grip and consistency :rolleyesedit:

As I stated, it's an opinion and worth what you paid.
    i think i see what what you mean i'm going to take them off my guns and through them in the trash :lmfao:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ahh, don't sell yourself short Cory. I'd give a few bucks for your opinion. I have dainty hands and find the Hogue too large. The factory grooves in my Glock 22 and 23 fit me perfect.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Not really looking for more grip, but a little more fill. Maybe I'll try the inner tube with one or two layers and see if that takes care of what I am after. If no then I will order the Hogues.

Do the Hogues have finger grooves built into the front or are they just following what the Glock already has? I can't find a picture of them not installed on a gun.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.

campbellrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Not really looking for more grip, but a little more fill. Maybe I'll try the inner tube with one or two layers and see if that takes care of what I am after. If no then I will order the Hogues.

Do the Hogues have finger grooves built into the front or are they just following what the Glock already has? I can't find a picture of them not installed on a gun.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.
    mine came with grooves might not fit yours real good.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    IIRC, the Hogue grips have their own finger grooves, which sort of "fit over top" of the Glock finger grooves.

Thats why I don't like them-- they make the entire grip bigger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Another problem with Hogues is that they are rubber. While comfortable to shoot and grip with, i've noticed that rubber grips on any gun have a tendency to grab whatever tshirt/polo/etc is being used for cover and make it ride up. I don't know about you, but I hate having to reach back and make sure that my cover garment isn't riding up and making it an unconcealed firearm on a regular basis.

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i have one on my 2nd gen Glock 22 and it's been there for about 5yrs. it has NEVER spun around on me nor grabbed any clothing. i'm not even sure i could take it off if i wanted to it's on there so tight.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I use a Handall Jr. on my PF-9 and I think it helps that gun tremendously. One problem with the PF-9 is even with the pinky extension installed, the total grip is too small for my hand. With the Handall Jr, I feel like I have much more control of the weapon and a much more confident grip. For a full size gun I doubt I would ever use one, however.

Top Bottom