• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Mark got a nice writeup @ philly.com: Man who clashed with cops over legal gun was also armed with audio recorder - Philly.com

Also, the OCers in Philly held a march this past weekend: Official Philly OC Rally Activity Thread

Because of Mark's case, and the subsequent rally, the PPD liaison said that the police are going to get more training. We'll see if it takes... this time. Previous directives seem to have been ignored.

Philly is in the spotlight now, thanks to timely use of an audio recorder.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Also, in an unrelated story, legislation to restrict the audio recording of on-duty police officers was introduced in the state house today...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It was a joke. However, don't be surprised when it happens.

Unfortunately, I won't be surprised. That's why I didn't recognize it was a joke.

The PPD has already gone on record as saying that the victim planned the whole thing to provoke the police, get a confrontation, and record it. What else can they say, when they **** up so royally?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Unfortunately, I won't be surprised. That's why I didn't recognize it was a joke.

The PPD has already gone on record as saying that the victim planned the whole thing to provoke the police, get a confrontation, and record it. What else can they say, when they **** up so royally?
    That whole situation is just a whole bunch of stupid.:rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Of course even were that true, the cops still reacted illegally. Not that that matters since Mark didn't HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHALLENGE HIM, as I hope we all noted for future reference. Gotta make sure your "how to behave under the Iron Boot" handbooks are up to date! :rolleyes:

Am I the only one expecting a minor reprimand at best? Paid time off or something? And maybe a couple hundred thousand taxpayer dollars that that man rightly deserves to have paid out of the officers' own pockets.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My take on this is.. Who was acting more lawless and with reckless abandone in this incident.. the guy that was open carrying legally or the Philly PD officers?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Mark got a nice writeup @ philly.com: Man who clashed with cops over legal gun was also armed with audio recorder - Philly.com

Also, the OCers in Philly held a march this past weekend: Official Philly OC Rally Activity Thread

Because of Mark's case, and the subsequent rally, the PPD liaison said that the police are going to get more training. We'll see if it takes... this time. Previous directives seem to have been ignored.

Philly is in the spotlight now, thanks to timely use of an audio recorder.

So....he endangered the police by doing something legal? He "set them up" and forced them to respond by not breaking the law? This takes stupid to a whole new level.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Radley Balko tackled this issue this morning. Bluntly, he is calling for the arrest of the prosecutor in this case. Mark embarrassed the cops, but it wasn't until it hit youtube that it became an issue. So, 2 months later, he gets slapped with “reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct”.

It's interesting that the cops are using the term "set-up" as it generally applies to catching someone doing something illegal.

Philadelphia District Attorney R. Seth Williams Should Be Arrested | The Agitator

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I keep thinking it can't get more stupider. Take this comment from Capt. Joseph Di Lacqua, Philadelphia Police Department: "Would the next officer be as accommodating - or shoot first and ask questions later?" (Letters: Reactions to tale of gun-toter vs. cops - Philly.com)

That is chilling.

The AP, to nobody's surprise, called the exchange between Mark Fiorino and the cops a "profanity-laced back-and-forth". (Man claims online audio posting prompted charges | 6abc.com) That all the profanity came from the cops was completely lost on this stellar news org. They also failed to mention that the cop threatened to "****ing shooting" Mark. The AP did, however, pepper the story with more than one mention of a guy with a "gun on his hip". Damn, I hate that expression... it's so obviously written to provoke small minds.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Philly PD, hands down. I can't tell if this was a serious question or not. :dunno:
    The comment I guess was more of a statement in question form. In my opinion I feel the Philly PD needlessly took it to a level that escalated the whole situation to were someone could have gotten injured or even killed with their reckless attitude.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    OH but it gets better.... This morning
    After Altercation, Philadelphia Police Say They Won't Look the Other Way on Open-Carry Gun Owners - FoxNews.com

And the cops state: ""Philadelphia, in certain areas, is very dangerous," he said. "There's a lot of gun violence." Several officers have been killed in the line of duty in the past three years, local authorities say."

Although this may indeed be true, and I'm not doubting that fact, when is the last time a gang bang-er actually carried a weapon in a holster, in open view? How about a Walmart bag, in the pocket, in the waist band, etc.

I hope he sues the city...and moves.

Top Bottom