• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Over on the cop block website someone posted in the comments that this guy purposely tries to incite these incidents.

Incites? By walking around in public doing something legal.

For starters, the same commenter posted documented evidence that this guy has been out in public drunk a couple of times, and has some sort of theft related arrest.

The wagons circle.

I don't see a majority of the population supporting OC, so it wouldn't surprise me if the laws are changed to concealed carry only.

How about if we wait until the laws change before we start arresting people.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    And this is why I don't live in Philadelphia.

Same here. The cop says he's at Bridge & Pratt, so I wonder how long they held up traffic there hassling the guy for doing something legal. Bridge & Pratt is a heavily congested intersection at the Northeast end of the Market-Frankford El line, it must have a been a circus.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    LOL, yeah, on-duty police officers have NO RIGHT TO PRIVACY. You don't need consent, and you don't need to inform them of your recording, if you don't want to.
    Most laws regarding recording of conversations state that it is legal as long as one party is aware of the recording being made. In this case, the guy being detained is aware (since he was the one who made the recording) and therefore the recording is perfectly legal.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Most laws regarding recording of conversations state that it is legal as long as one party is aware of the recording being made. In this case, the guy being detained is aware (since he was the one who made the recording) and therefore the recording is perfectly legal.

Too bad we won't find out what ever happened with MARK:popcorn:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Pennsylvania is one of the handful of two party states, if that section has not been allowed to sunset. It's still listed on the state's website (18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5702, et. seq.)

Last edited:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    People should bombard the police chief of Phily letting him know of that unprofessional employees should be not be tolerated. I would never have spoke to a person that way when I was LEO. I can't/won't do it as a Christian or a Master's Degree prepared nurse. I have to much respect for people. My boss would show me the door before the echo came back.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I would like to know if the guy ever filed an complaint or took any sort of legal action because this kind of police response should not and can not be tolerated.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I just went through all 70 pages on the PA forum. Here's an update:

So far, while several lawyers have told him that he might well have a winnable case, none wants to take it yet, due to the fact that he might not get much of an award.

He's planning on contacting the ACLU.

He's getting national attention, and he has been contacted by several news outlets requesting an exclusive.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I was informed that some cop-bashing would be found in this thread. :dunno:

I-AM-DISAPPOINT.jpg

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I just found this site that lists each states requirements on recording conversations. The 12 states that require both parties consent don't surprise me for the most part.
    "Can We Tape?"

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I particularly enjoyed the technique where they asked him questions and then interupted to argue before he'd even finished his sentence.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So is it legal or illegal to OC in Philadelphia?

Legal, with a PA License to Carry Firearms, or equivalent. BTW, anyone who wanted a PA License, today is the last day that out-of-state licenses will be issued by mail-in application due to new photo requirements taking effect.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Legal, with a PA License to Carry Firearms.

It's simple really.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you shouldn't have cops pointing weapons at you, screaming profanities at you, threatening you, making you kneel, making you put your hands above your head, detaining you, handcuffing you, putting you in a confined area (paddy wagon), lecturing you, and asking questions in loud voices then not letting you answer.

But then, that sounds like all the reasons you don't do something that's illegal.

Maybe I don't understand after all.

Top Bottom