• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    He wasn't standing by his civil rights when he refused to cooperate with the LEO's he was impeding a criminal investigation. I don't really care how you want to cut it. The call was a shots fired call, a man was found out in the public with a gun on his side, and he refused to cooperate. The reason the city settled (and yes that is what they did no matter how you want to term it, no judge "found" them after a trial to be guilty) was that it is a common procedure to settle lawsuits for 10,000 and under. A lot of the times it cost more to fight them then to settle them. I have been involved (directly and indirectly) in a number of those and have seen with my own eyes that the bull crap that was accused didn't happen. They were and there are frivolous and bull crap lawsuits every single day against local governments. The bad thing about them is that they take away from the legitimate ones.

Think of that call a different way, someone calls 911 about shots fired, the police come and find someone with a gun on their side and he refuses to cooperate, they leave without doing anything, then that person later proceeds to shoot your loved one, who happens to live next door, what are your thoughts about the Police then.

Again if you want him to be the face of your right to carry, then by all means go right ahead and celebrate him. Me, I don't want to be associated with some idiot like that.

Like I said, I really would have liked to have seen a legitimate "win" against the anti's, this isn't it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Oh, we're going to get a win. McDonald is my MAN.
    Old black guy trying to defend himself in the middle of gangland?
    Yup - NO one can argue against him. Perfect candidate. Very sympathetic figurehead for our movement.

Good ol' Chuck Manson over here, glad he got vindication, but nor do I want him to carry the banner of gun rights - not without a haircut.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am shocked the folks here think the fifth amendment isn't important. If the cops have to investigate, fine, they can investigate. It is only impeding the investigation if a person destroys evidence or lies to the cops. If you want to curse authority, tell them to get off your property, etc., you can. It is up to the cops to know their limits. They have _witnessed_ him carrying a gun, multiple cops witnessed this. They didn't have a leg to stand on, and it sounds like just made up a crime. They can't do that. They should have left, went and spoke to the prosecutor, and go from there. In this case, they likely would have discovered that no law was broken. Now there will likely, and should be, a civil suit.

Top Bottom