• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm confused about your comment. What's the back story that prompted you to post "Now we know why she left?"

Also this is just another in a long line of sick abuses of positions of "power" by coaches.

Sad story.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    That's a good reason for her to saying she is going back to her maiden name and changing her status to single.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If the allegations are true, what a f'ing shame for everyone involved. The young girl, Jesse, everyone.

Also a shame that it's public. Hope we don't lose any talent over this (ie I hope the young girl and Jessie will continue to compete).

What kind of freakin ego maniac could not be content w/ all that he had and cause him to do such a thing.

And the police found "evidence?" I don't even want to speculate. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Put him up against a wall and Load and Make Ready.

-rvb

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Ok so after doing some digging after the semi ambiguous posts all i can say is that the mind of the sick man is a sad thing.

I can't imagine having a wife like his with whom I can share my passion and make a living by doing so and throwing it all away on pedophilia.

This whole situation is a sad sad mess.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    How old is Jesse? And how long had she been with Abbate?

I'd say [STRIKE]early to mid 30's.[/STRIKE] just read an article that said she was 24 last year? what?

Jessie Abbate

Shooter-Jessie-Abbate.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    From Jesse's FB page

Jessie Abbate
    Hi Everyone! A new change in my life is that I am taking back my maiden name, and will now be Jessie Harrison. I have been through many life changes lately, and thank you all for your support. I am in a wonderful and happy place in my life, and starting a new chapter!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    she's a public figure, gave up the right of anonimity a long time ago. Sure the cops won't announce it, doesn't mean we can talk about it here amongst ourselves.

I'm sure every other USPSA shooter came to the same conclusion.

I guess a mod doesn't think it's okay for me to post her pic but it was okay when everyone made lewd comments about her when we talked about her joining Team Glock and I had to remind a few that she was only 15...

I have a 14yo daughter... I know what the bounderies are and really don't need to be policed here....

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    she's a public figure, gave up the right of anonimity a long time ago...

I have a 14yo daughter... I know what the bounderies are and really don't need to be policed here....

Agreed.
    It also might be of assistance to other parents who think it might be "OK" to allow their young teenage daughters to be sexualized in photography.:twocents:

Top Bottom