• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    A first time gun owner, I would get his hands on as many different guns as possible, and encourage him to study the different guns and chamberings.
    My wife stated out with several friends bringing out guns that they had, and she shot quite a few of them. After that, we went to a gun store, and she made the choice on her own.
    She had that pistol for about a month when she decided that she wanted something smaller, and in a bit heavier chamber. Hopefully with as much exposure as possible, and a bit of research on his part, and he can avoid this issue.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A good 6 inch .357. Easy to learn to shoot accurately. You can hunt with it in many states, you can shoot targets and games with light recoiling (and cheaper ) .38 special rounds. No magazines needed to buy after the fact. Will last almost forever. $500 should buy a good used one and $100. worth of ammo. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have Buddy who finally talked his wife into letting Him get a gun. He wants a hand gun and has never owned a gun! So if you could only have one & you are a greenhorn what would you choose ? Also he has a $500 budget. I think a glock 19 would be my first choice. What would yours be?

I couldn't live with just one gun:(

Top Bottom