• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not that it's a big deal, but for anyone who listens to INGO regular Guy Relford's "The Gun Guy" radio show on WIBC, I managed to get through and on the air with Guy right before 6:30 Saturday night.
    I was the one who talked to him briefly about the cosmetics of real guns being altered unadvisedly to resemble game console guns, but also about putting aftermarket parts on a real gun that could cause problems for an otherwise justified use situation.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I don't listen to the show but I kinda' wish I'd heard that conversation. People are really modifying real guns to make them look like toys?!?!? I'd like to hear the justification for that. :dunno:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've not seen one of these, but I have seen shotguns made to look like Super Soaker squirt guns (or maybe Nerf guns?). Bad idea all around.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Guy posted a picture of the Nintendo Glock on his Twitter account. What a f&$*$&# ridiculous thing for someone to do. Sounds like a dumb thug trend, but who knows? Maybe there's a wider group of ignorant people doing it.

It was a great show, btw, as always.
    CmXipudUsAAFnF0.jpg:large

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the people who made this are in DIRE need of competent legal advice as to their potential liability if someone gets shot or killed in action centered around this. It's one thing if the customer did it himself but quite another if it was sold as a commercial product, and I don't think laws against the prosecution of gun manufacturers would protect them in that instance.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - attributed to Albert Einstein

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Only people from the generation that grew up with the NES would understand the idea of a paint job on a firearm like that more of a nostalgia type thing kind of like most on this forum would be nostalgic for a 11357650_1457287251251768_1728462053_n.jpg kimber Bel Air micro. It has to do with the time in which you grew up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't we already have issues with the Libs trying to legislate guns according to their looks?

I've shot USPSA for years with a gent (from Ill ironically) who used a Glock painted with a green John Deere paint scheme.

Top Bottom