• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Trump seems intent on being a one term President... I'm not sure that he'll have the momentum to win a second term. Or if will even matter.

Trump is a winner. If you have ever seen him "live" you know he's different from every politician and he "crushed" his GOP rivals so much so, there are NONE that can come back for a run in 2020. Hell look at the ohio gov. who thought he would get the nomination because he won his home state and would not concede! A bunch of fools if they think they can replace him or beat him a 2020 primary. Trump adjusts quickly as he goes and wins. He gets people who get it done or replaces them in short order with those who will. and BTW: Don't think he's doin this so IF he leaves office after one term at age 75 he can line his coffin with gold. I feel lucky that President Trump is in office and plans to run in 2020 and not just for his 2A stand.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's a spending bill, why does leadership vote for it? Because groups that are connected, paying for, or both will gain financial benefit from it. It's how machine politics works. Barring the unthinkable or unmentionable it's not going to change, leadership will provide candidates and you get to pick the lesser of two evils, but both work within the machine.

Always follow the money

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Sorry but the machine(s) did not want Donald Trump and the machine did not provide the GOP candidate ;however, the machine did pick the other one. and if Trump was the lesser of 2 evils then say what???

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry but the machine(s) did not want Donald Trump and the machine did not provide the GOP candidate ;however, the machine did pick the other one. and if Trump was the lesser of 2 evils then say what???

I tend to agree with LE. In the last month the Donald's spots have been changing as he learns how the machine stays in motion.
    Have you seen all the crap that is in this piece of garbage bill. If he was all he sells himself to be this would not have been signed. I believe he had a trade off to fund the military. There is always a deal. Always a closed door. Always.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No one ever likes a compromise. They always want it 100% their way.

We're gonna have to change the numbers in November to start getting a higher percentage our way. Not to mention deal with the gun control threat from the enemy.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    President Trump did not write it,. he didn't veto it because he's in a corner and did not want the military to miss their payday when gov't shut down. He has such a razor thin majority including the 16 primary candidates he utterly stomped and others he demeaned including Flake, Mccain, Corker, Ryan and more. He is not part of the machine. The slim and weak GOP just stuck it to him, plain & simple. I do agree we all need to find out what's in this bill regarding 2A and if it drags down GOP candidates in Nov.

@100% We will really be in a bind if dem's take house & sen. and we will be way behind to borrow a phrase from Charlie Daniels.:):

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    True. But are we to believe "better angels" reside in another party simply because they espouse certain positions they've never had to test in real life, on the national level, interacting and working with people from other parties, with differing goals and objectives? I know they sound interesting, maybe compelling on certain issues. But at the end of the day, they're simply men and women saying stuff to get your vote. Many of the so-called conservatives said appealing stuff too and they got lots of votes. People are people. And I'm not convinced just because they align with a different party name, we can automatically assume the sausage that they would have made would be that much different.

That's fine to think, however as we KNOW that the Republicans and Democrats are corrupt beyond redemption, unless you advocating armed rebellion, the only chance to change the state of the country is to try another option at the polls.

Claiming they are all the same and then just pulling the same R or D lever won't accomplish anything except to lose us more of our fundamental liberties.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's fine to think, however as we KNOW that the Republicans and Democrats are corrupt beyond redemption, unless you advocating armed rebellion, the only chance to change the state of the country is to try another option at the polls.

Claiming they are all the same and then just pulling the same R or D lever won't accomplish anything except to lose us more of our fundamental liberties.

Circular argument. Is it the fault of those that fail to see a compelling alternative among the LP or is it the fault of the LP to adequately espouse, inspire, and nominate something other than bake-the-cake, Bernie Sanders supporter sycophants?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    President Trump did not write it,. he didn't veto it because he's in a corner and did not want the military to miss their payday when gov't shut down. He has such a razor thin majority including the 16 primary candidates he utterly stomped and others he demeaned including Flake, Mccain, Corker, Ryan and more. He is not part of the machine. The slim and weak GOP just stuck it to him, plain & simple. I do agree we all need to find out what's in this bill regarding 2A and if it drags down GOP candidates in Nov.

@100% We will really be in a bind if dem's take house & sen. and we will be way behind to borrow a phrase from Charlie Daniels.:):

I did say he had to barter for the military. But this is all more of the same by the same.
    Did you see Trumps meeting with the gun grabbers. It was well viewed and he was on board to sell us out. I saw it. I remember it and I am pi$$ed off about it. He did not stand his ground for we the people. He was a serious politico. His spots are changing.
    I hate it. My hopes were very high. Now not so much. The pure crap in this Omnibus thing is just....well....so Obama.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We got funding for the military. Sadly, this is what it cost.

Again, we need to fix this in November, for this reason and much more.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    after meeting with anti-gun politicians, Trump met with NRA's Chris Cox & Wayne Lapierre that same evening. He backed out of the "due process" bungle he made that hit the tv news and learned a few things from them. I give him a pass for adjusting. Plus Trump has a 10 yr old son and the issue of schools shootings just 60 miles from his Florida residence must have hit his son and his wife very hard. again, I give him a pass for trying to get schools secure. Florida GOP rats created a mess with their quick fix gun laws that ignore the facts that Feb. 14th school shooting was preventable except for some greedy gov't workers in broward county. Trump is a get it done guy and we are still learning how many backdoors obamma has left us with. spending bill was a tough pill for him and us to swallow. we can stick together and help him put more support for our issues in Nov.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Trump's kid has gone to a school with personal security since kindergarten and his wife lives in a fortress. That **** hit them about as hard as a cool breeze. He's a Clinton shill, the majority of the GOP are shills. The end game is clear and so is the fact they are all in on it: disarmament of citizens.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Look folks, whether he was a politician before he was elected POTUS is an open question, but he certainly is one now. He's already announced that he's running again. So... his decisions are being made so he can get elected again.

He's swimming in the swamp like a pro.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Look folks, whether he was a politician before he was elected POTUS is an open question, but he certainly is one now. He's already announced that he's running again. So... his decisions are being made so he can get elected again.

This is what I was pointing out as to his spots are changing. Every business man has a bit of politics in his DNA. They have to.
    Now, how far will this go.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Trump is a populist not an idealist. When he thought being pro-2A was a winner he was for it. If/when he decides pivoting to sensible-measure-gun-control is what is wanted by his voters, we shouldn't be surprised he does it.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC

No, no, remember he is draining the swamp. Unfortunately, he is replacing the swamp with a cesspool.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump is a populist not an idealist. When he thought being pro-2A was a winner he was for it. If/when he decides pivoting to sensible-measure-gun-control is what is wanted by his voters, we shouldn't be surprised he does it.

To follow up on this thought - with which I agree - like any populist, the key to his strategy is divisions. Like Obama in 2008, it is a calculus that looks at fault lines in large groups of people.

Bumpstocks: most gun owners don't know/don't care about them. He can regulate the crap out of them and show that he can stand up to the NRA. Give alot of the Dems that voted for him hope about further gun control. But, he can still claim to protect gun rights because "look how much worse it could have been."

Military funding: he dodged the "Trump doesn't like the military" potential argument, but can leverage his cult of personality to say "I will never again sign a bill like that."

The wall/immigration: I think he's looking at that as the big divisor for the next election. He'd rather have no action on it between now and then, so he can say there's still work to be done.

Just a few examples off the top of my head.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    1.2 TRILLION and NO WALL ?!?!?!?!!?

Where is our big beautiful wall that was the focal point of the campaign?

20160726_wall.jpg
    Personally, the idea of a wall is over rated and reflects trump not being able to think outside his box. If the real issue is securing the border, it can't happen without people, wall or no wall. Militarizing the border with triple rows of concertina wire and troops behind it would be more effective...if the pols and brass have the stomach for shooting narco-gangsters. As for the economic refugees, they wouldn't show up if they knew the gringos were serious. That, or they'd just go to the nearest consulate

Top Bottom