• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Papa John's and one major Aplebee's Franchisee have already announced that they will either be drastically cutting hours available to non-exempt (hourly) employees or not hiring any new employees at all.

I seem to remember many of us saying the negative impact Obamacare would have on us all, but I guess we're just a bunch of rednecks. This IS only the beginning.

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter Says Company Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To Obamacare

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's going to be interesting and maybe painful to find out how the unintended consequences of this law unfold.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    My wife loves to argue with me about ObamaCare. She is a democrat and believes every piece of garbage she hears him speak. I keep telling her the negative side effects of OC that are going to happen but she continues to stick her head in the sand. First is going to be businesses like we see now, then WE -those of us with healthcare already- are going to see our taxes increase once .gov finds out they cannot afford it. And lastly, Healthcare in general will go up due to the fact they insurers will need to make up for lost revenue. I hope I am wrong though. I would LOVE to be wrong...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My wife's co-workers have been excited all week about Obama winning. She asked them if they had signed up for Insurance during Open Enrollment, and they all pretty much said the same thing... "No, why would we, we have Obamacare now!"

Can't wait til they find out the truth..

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I got into an argument with a Nurse at the hospital I work at over this. She slob nobs Obama and even had the gall to say that that ObamaCare was a great thing. I cracked up because the hospital just announced that they had to cut 10's of millions off their budget for next year solely because of ObamaCare.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No big deal. Obama will either take over those businesses to keep people employed or pay them similar wages to stay home.

See? All better now.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder how many doctors we will not only lose, but up and coming ones decide not to become doctors because obama-care is going to destroy their earning power.

obama-messiah doesn't seem to comprehend that medical school is expensive, and pay for interns is nowhere near what they deserve due to the education required. Not to mention the cost of continued education, the cost of malpractice insurance and all other hidden costs to maintaining a medical practice.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I wonder how many doctors we will not only lose, but up and coming ones decide not to become doctors because obama-care is going to destroy their earning power.

obama-messiah doesn't seem to comprehend that medical school is expensive, and pay for interns is nowhere near what they deserve due to the education required. Not to mention the cost of continued education, the cost of malpractice insurance and all other hidden costs to maintaining a medical practice.

The government will cover those as well once they are in control

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I got into an argument with a Nurse at the hospital I work at over this. She slob nobs Obama and even had the gall to say that that ObamaCare was a great thing. I cracked up because the hospital just announced that they had to cut 10's of millions off their budget for next year solely because of ObamaCare.

My wife works at a hospital as well. They are already seeing cut backs, and rumors of more..

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't see what everyone is so worked up about. The rich people are just going to pony up a little more and fix everything. Even if you get fired from your job, Obama will take care of you. Just be sure to write your legislators and encourage them to go along with adopting Puerto Rico as the 51st state and to vote in favor of abolishing term limits for the POTUS.

Sleep happily ever after...

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I would say this is an example of elections having consequences but, we all know there was absolutely NO difference between Obama and Romney because we were told so.....:rolleyes:

Funny how these announcements started coming out AFTER Obama was re-elected and not before since Romney is no different than Obama. Guess alot of business owners didn't buy that load of dung either. Curious to see how the Obama regime is going to beat down these owners into submission.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would say this is an example of elections having consequences but, we all know there was absolutely NO difference between Obama and Romney because we were told so.....:rolleyes:

If it wasn't for Romney's continued advocacy for Federally mandated insurance, I would agree. Unfortunately that is part of his platform and he never backed away from it. He calls it the "personal responsibility principle," and deems it "fundamentally conservative." To the best of my knowledge he offered no exemptions to restaurant workers from having mandated insurance. The Establishment wanted this outcome and gave us two candidates to ensure it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If it wasn't for Romney's continued advocacy for Federally mandated insurance, I would agree. Unfortunately that is part of his platform and he never backed away from it. He calls it the "personal responsibility principle," and deems it "fundamentally conservative." To the best of my knowledge he offered no exemptions to restaurant workers from having mandated insurance. The Establishment wanted this outcome and gave us two candidates to ensure it.

Isn't he talking about his STATE's mandated insurance, not the Federal Mandate? :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom