• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    There are very few statesmen and Patriots in our government. The one that comes to my mind is senator Kennedy from Louisiana and others like him.
    But let me tell you something that I have known for a long, long time. Man cannot govern himself, he needs God, the only true and just person in existence.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    But let me tell you something that I have known for a long, long time. Man cannot govern himself, he needs God, the only true and just person in existence.
    Wise words. Unfortunately this Country and the world seem to have lost its rudder (God).
    Remember what J. Adams said....
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are very few statesmen and Patriots in our government. The one that comes to my mind is senator Kennedy from Louisiana and others like him.
    I am a Christian and I disagree with this.

That implies that without God you are immoral. Which is wrong.

I know good, honest people that are non believers. While rare, they do exist.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    It's not my intention to turn this into a religious discussion, BUT!

The Hebrews wanted a King just like all of the other nations and this made Samuel angry but God told Samuel "they did not reject you, they rejected Me" and the Hebrews suffered for it.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Ya gotta remember that some middle aged and old age white haired men risked it all, their life and liberty, to create the United States of America!
    It’s too bad that now some woke, liberal, whining middle aged and old age men are seeking to destroy the United States of America.
    I can’t get this to equate. :bat:How?
    WTF is going on?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wow! You must think very highly of yourself.
    No, that was me saying "explain it to me like I'm a 5yo" Because Im not sure what you meant by what was missed. If I missed it the first time, there is no guarantee that I'll figure out what you meant me to see/understand. Sorry.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The average life expectancy around 1776 was around 57 years old.
    So the average age of the founders was approximately 33.
    They had already lived more than half their lives to that point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well so far you're the only one out of many.
    And Im going to continue to miss your point until you tell me what I missed. Note the distinct lack of purple.

You cant just say "you dont get it" and expect someone to "get it" just by telling them they missed it.

so....

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Does morality come from God? Did God imbue a moral code in people when he creates them? Yes.
    Can people abandon God, and abandon the moral code He created? Yes.
    Can people abandon God, while keeping his moral code? Also Yes.

Religion is comprised of two core principles.
    Acknowledging there is a right/wrong standard. Acknowledging you don't meet that standard all the time.
    Acknowledging there is a way to overcome your shortcomings to be made more like God.
    Christianity accepts the idea that we can never be "good enough" to be like God, but if we accept Christ's grace we can accept God's making us "good enough" through Him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does morality come from God? Did God imbue a moral code in people when he creates them? Yes.
    Can people abandon God, and abandon the moral code He created? Yes.
    Can people abandon God, while keeping his moral code? Also Yes.

Religion is comprised of two core principles.
    Acknowledging there is a right/wrong standard. Acknowledging you don't meet that standard all the time.
    Acknowledging there is a way to overcome your shortcomings to be made more like God.
    Christianity accepts the idea that we can never be "good enough" to be like God, but if we accept Christ's grace we can accept God's making us "good enough" through Him.
    And here is where I was coming from in my disagreement with Flightsimmer:

So if a person keeps commandments 5-9 (maybe 10), doesnt lie, cheat, treats others with respect, etc they are not good people (in a secular context) because they also dont keep commandments 1-4? :scratch:

Top Bottom