• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    It seems as I've got older my ass has left the back and gone around front. I'm finding more and more I'm pulling up my pants when I carry my Beretta 96 even with my CC belt (which is a CC belt with ratchet). Now before we go down the path of a different belt or pull it tighter or wear it higher its not going any tighter if I want to breath nor can it ride any higher (lower no problem, lol). So the belt and Levi's are not the issue.

So my next thought is, it might be that time for suspenders? I welcome any thoughts or ideas that will assist me in keeping my pants up (no duct tape or super glue, lol).

Thanks

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, since you've ruled out duct tape and super glue, I've got nothin'... :): I have a similar problem, but as long as my belt is up over my pelvic bone I'm good to go.

Reactions: wcd

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Shoulder holster. Miami classic. Dress either like Miami vice or dragnet. Maybe a cigar in public. Does not have to be lit just a cigar in the mouth.

I seem to have your issue and my doctor calls it “noassatall”. Seems pretty common after 50

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the belt and Levi's are not the issue.
    Don’t necessarily agree here. I had similar thoughts in the past but now no longer wear Levi’s etc. I have friends that are horse people and they brought what many will call cowboy jeans to my attention. There are many cuts of Chinch and Ariat jeans and some are cut for guys like us that don’t fit the Levi’s we wore when we were 20. These are cut for guys that are actually working, on a horse, bending over, and the like, without flashing plumbers butt. Go try some on, they have a pair that will fit so much better than you have.

Cinch also has several concealed carry jackets in their line.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    I was on a job a few years ago ( a few more than I care to admit) when one day a carpenter showed up onsite. A real carpenter.
    His leather work pouches went from 9 0'clock to 3 o'clock and he had so many tools there that he had to have 3" wide suspenders to hold it up.

My mind went right back to that picture when I saw this thread.

Closed my eyes and imagined that thing with a 1911 on each side and magazines all across the front.

Now that's a fashion statement!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been wearing suspenders most of the time for several years now. I recently moved from the ones with 4 clips to two. The seem to be more convenient and hold the pants up just as good.
    I believe the 2 clip recommendation came from one of the INGO's most valued and beloved former members, Ironjaw.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I use suspenders that hook to the belt loops rather than clip to my pants. There is a product that looks interesting called "No Suspenders". I might give them a try.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Suspenders with a belt can work. I've used them if I have a particularly heavy load to support on the belt, i.e. lots of stuff.

One "catch" with suspenders might be if you carry appendix.

Suspenders don't work very well with appendix carry, imho, since one of the front suspender straps can easily foul your draw (and will eventually).

Top Bottom