• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Did it say anything about any type of previous history on this guy. Do we know that he has any type of previous drug charges. I got zinged really good last time (neg rep) for giving an opinion on drugs. So I hesitate but, my opinion is he knew what he was doing. He was also charged with OMVWI. People are saying there has never been a death contributed to smoking weed. That is a myth, I have seen 2.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    wow a guy with weed is looking at more time than someone who murders a woodcarver in seattle or a marine in tuscon or a biker in indy who would of thunk?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Did it say anything about any type of previous history on this guy. Do we know that he has any type of previous drug charges. I got zinged really good last time (neg rep) for giving an opinion on drugs. So I hesitate but, my opinion is he knew what he was doing. He was also charged with OMVWI. People are saying there has never been a death contributed to smoking weed. That is a myth, I have seen 2.

I would like to know the circumstances involved in these "deaths due to cannabis". There has never been a documented fatality of a human being from consuming THC (The active chemical in marijuana) in it's natural form. In research done THC had a LD50 of 1270mg/Kg of body weight when ingested orally, or 42mg/Kg when inhaled. In order to reach that level of THC concentration, a human being would die of asphyxiation via smoke inhalation before ever overdosing on the drug itself. An average 160lb male would need to smoke 100lbs of marijuana in under half an hour to "overdose." I think we all recognize that this is physically impossible.

Marinol, the "FDA approved" clinical substitute for marijuana has 4 confirmed deaths to its name. So why is marinol legal, when marijuana isn't?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    The million dollar question, is do you have the munchies after eating a pot laced rice crispy treat?

....did I just divide by zero?

It's a never ending cycle. Eat weed crispy treats, get munchies...eat more weed crispy treats.......get more munchies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I would like to know the circumstances involved in these "deaths due to cannabis". There has never been a documented fatality of a human being from consuming THC (The active chemical in marijuana) in it's natural form. In research done THC had a LD50 of 1270mg/Kg of body weight when ingested orally, or 42mg/Kg when inhaled. In order to reach that level of THC concentration, a human being would die of asphyxiation via smoke inhalation before ever overdosing on the drug itself. An average 160lb male would need to smoke 100lbs of marijuana in under half an hour to "overdose." I think we all recognize that this is physically impossible.

Marinol, the "FDA approved" clinical substitute for marijuana has 4 confirmed deaths to its name. So why is marinol legal, when marijuana isn't?

I hate to put words into his mouth, but I believe he was referring to someone being under the influence of THC and crashing into someone.

I think THC should be treated exactly like alcohol...Completely legal to consume it in the comfort of your home, but you get busted when you get behind the wheel.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I hate to put words into his mouth, but I believe he was referring to someone being under the influence of THC and crashing into someone.

I think THC should be treated exactly like alcohol...Completely legal to consume it in the comfort of your home, but you get busted when you get behind the wheel.

I agree, again, completely. As I said, I am for phased decriminalization of ALL drugs. As the private sector develops rapid response, on-site detection methods for 'illicit' drug detection, the substance should be completely decriminalized. Sit in your house and inject drano and heroin right into your damn brain stem, I don't care. If you subsequently cause harm to others due to your actions, you should be penalized to the fullest extent of the law.

As to the original point, that's why I asked for the details involved in the cannabis related deaths. I was curious as to the particulars.

There have been more deaths attributed to water intoxication then to marijuana consumption. Water's still legal.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    OK we could allow anarchy to rule the land.

No, no anarchy. I just think it is false that every law must be enforced. I think it is hard to argue otherwise.

I recall towns instructing their police forces to stop arresting people for mundane gardening violations because of budget crunches, etc.

I think they generally call it de-prioritizing a law.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Brownies, twinkies, ho ho's = 10 years. ( did someone get hurt here? )

Battery = Meh 180 days. (someone got hurt)

Anyone else have a problem with this?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I wonder if the cannabis is part of the hauls allowed in by law enforcement as part of a deal with the cartels, like Fast and Furious. Or, maybe it came from the fields being guarded by the US military.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Do you mean the direct effect of the drug causing heart attack or something else fatal. Or indirect like someone high going head on with a concrete truck?
    Direct like crashing into a car and killing a person and then having no idea wht he had done

Top Bottom