• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Cops didn't like his recipe, so he could go to prison for 10 years. Forced to live in a cage on your over-taxed backs.

If you ever stop and think about it, this is just as absurd as arresting people for selling raw milk, smuggling margarine, or any number of other ridiculous food crimes. Marijuana is a plant. How can government "ban" something that naturally grows out of the dirt? Think about it!

This is no more scary to me than a man caught with a couple kegs of beer in his trunk. You should be able to eat and drink what you want.

Plant Police = Big, Expensive, Intrusive Government

Ohio Man Faces 10 Years For Pot-Laced Rice Krispie Treats
    An Ohio man faces up to 10 years in prison and up to a $20,000 fine after law enforcement officers found 4.5 pounds of marijuana-laced Rice Krispie treats during a traffic crash investigation.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Gather 'round tour guests, what we have here is a genuine "rambone." Notice the fact that it's posted in the Break Room rather than the Politics thread. This was a feature of later rambone works but is still a good indicator of an authentic rambone original. But, the misleading thread title is the real key to identifying the authenticity of this rambone work. Pictures are welcome, but no flash please.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I agree that pot should be legal, but until it is, you can't really complain when you get busted with it.

He knew what the consequences were and now he's paying for it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sorry but I don't see the real problem. The guy was charged with trafficking drugs. If he had a small amount for personal consumption it would make him a stoner, but he was selling this stuff. That makes him a dealer.

I'm not a big fan of our drug laws, but if they exist we have to enforce them. If we don't want to enforce them then work to have them rescinded. But pitching a b!#(h fit over the fact that a drug dealer is going to jail isn't getting much sympathy from me.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I agree that pot should be legal, but until it is, you can't really complain when you get busted with it.

He knew what the consequences were and now he's paying for it.

No, I agree, the law is the law. You have to pay if you want to play. I'm honestly just astonished at some of the sentencing I see with respect to drug related crimes in other states. More to the point, the extent to which I see persons sentenced to prison time for marijuana offenses literally blows me away. I'm a "drugs shouldn't be illegal" guy, but I still recognize a significant difference between baking up a batch of cannabis cookies and serving up a plate of crack cocaine crackers to a troop of girl scouts.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    4.5 pounds isn't possession. It's intent to distribute.

Ok, the way I read the blurb, it states that the rice crispy treats weighed 4.5 pounds, not just the dope. I've never tried the stuff so I've obviously never made pot brownies or the like. But what kind of weight ratio would a baker put in a pan of brownies? 1 oz of pot to a pound of mix?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sorry but I don't see the real problem. The guy was charged with trafficking drugs. If he had a small amount for personal consumption it would make him a stoner, but he was selling this stuff. That makes him a dealer.

I'm not a big fan of our drug laws, but if they exist we have to enforce them. If we don't want to enforce them then work to have them rescinded. But pitching a b!#(h fit over the fact that a drug dealer is going to jail isn't getting much sympathy from me.

This! Each one was individually wrapped.... Translation: selling.
    Heck when my mom made brownies or rice crispy treats she gave me and my friends a whole slab.

Clarification: They were virgin treats

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No, I agree, the law is the law. You have to pay if you want to play. I'm honestly just astonished at some of the sentencing I see with respect to drug related crimes in other states. More to the point, the extent to which I see persons sentenced to prison time for marijuana offenses literally blows me away. I'm a "drugs shouldn't be illegal" guy, but I still recognize a significant difference between baking up a batch of cannabis cookies and serving up a plate of crack cocaine crackers to a troop of girl scouts.

What troop has these crack cocaine crackers that you speak of? I'm so there.

The only thing that surprises me is that Ohio actually handed down a sentence. Its nice when you personally know someone that has been convicted of 5 DUIs, felony evading, and has only made it to 1 or 2 court dates for his combined criminal activities and they only lose their license for a couple months and neighboring counties don't share information even about felony arrests. 95% of that state = mouth breathing waterheads and the other 5% just haven't been able to escape quite yet.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The law is the law. If you think it's wrong, work to change it. If you don't think they should enforce this, then don't ***** when Barky doesn't enforce immigration laws.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not a big fan of our drug laws, but if they exist we have to enforce them.
    Nah. Not necessary.

4.5 pounds isn't possession. It's intent to distribute.
    Its kind of like saying a guy with trunk full of guns has an "arsenal" with intention of arms-trafficking. Just possessing something doesn't show intent to do anything.

Ok, the way I read the blurb, it states that the rice crispy treats weighed 4.5 pounds, not just the dope.
    Thanks for pointing that out. What we have here is baker with 38 Rice Krispie treats.

But what kind of weight ratio would a baker put in a pan of brownies? 1 oz of pot to a pound of mix?
    :laugh:

This! Each one was individually wrapped.... Translation: selling.
    Maybe his friends are germ-a-phobes?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Just a weekend's worth of snacks. He was gonna take a trip. No big deal.

But, weight and manner that it is packed can/will determine laws broken. Possession, intent to distribute, trafficking and so on.

Wonder how many he ate trying to hide the evidence.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Its kind of like saying a guy with trunk full of guns has an "arsenal" with intention of arms-trafficking. Just possessing something doesn't show intent to do anything.

Or like saying he got ten years for making Rice Krispie treats?

Top Bottom