• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Out running some errands and decide to hit the local Meijer store. Haven't been in it for a while. Found some nice day to day t-shirts for $10. Although they looked to be running on the small side. So I look around for a fitting room. Not finding one so I ask a lady worker where they are located. She tells me they no longer have fitting rooms. No Meijer stores have fitting rooms any longer. Then she says it had something to do with Covid and the amounts of thefts taking place. I took the shirt back to the shelf and left. SMFH.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Out running some errands and decide to hit the local Meijer store. Haven't been in it for a while. Found some nice day to day t-shirts for $10. Although they looked to be running on the small side. So I look around for a fitting room. Not finding one so I ask a lady worker where they are located. She tells me they no longer have fitting rooms. No Meijer stores have fitting rooms any longer. Then she says it had something to do with Covid and the amounts of thefts taking place. I took the shirt back to the shelf and left. SMFH.
    I can't remember the last time I tried anything on in a store. I'm certain I never tried on a t-shirt. I can hold one up and tell if it will fit or not. :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife bought some shirts last year(?) from an online source. (Don’t remember which one). They must have been for the Chinese market because even though she ordered the size she always did, they were way, way too small.

Reactions: Mij

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

check out these guys, been buying from them since carhart went jap. If anything they run a half size large.
    I can't put my wallet in a Carhart.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    People try on Tshirts and also take it sooo seriously they leave if they can't?

Did I miss the memo that buying $10 tshirts is super serious?
    People are on edge these days. It's going to take some time for Americans to get used to diminished levels of service, product availability and real people to work with.

I find myself at times taking a breath, telling myself that we live in a different world and I should just roll with it. Life is still good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I mean what do you expect at a store that sells groceries, plants, and clothes?

Go to Macy's or Penny's if you want to try on clothes.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'd probably just try them on over my shirt if possible. I know you can always return them, but that is a pain for people that don't have a Meijer in their town.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Noticed that Goodwill has torn out all their changing rooms, too. I guess so you don't steal the inventory they get for free? :rolleyes:

Lines at the Keystone Meijer are longer than they were before self checkout. Rarely are all the self checkouts open, and there's never more than one or two regular lanes open. Either the machines are busted or nobody works anymore. Store trashed, shelves empty, prices doubled. Just declining society things.

I'd rather have a spread of clothes shipped to me and return what doesn't fit than deal with current year retail.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Noticed that Goodwill has torn out all their changing rooms, too. I guess so you don't steal the inventory they get for free? :rolleyes:

Lines at the Keystone Meijer are longer than they were before self checkout. Rarely are all the self checkouts open, and there's never more than one or two regular lanes open. Either the machines are busted or nobody works anymore. Store trashed, shelves empty, prices doubled. Just declining society things.

I'd rather have a spread of clothes shipped to me and return what doesn't fit than deal with current year retail.
    I can't remember the last time I bought clothing from a brick and mortar store.

I buy a LOT of what I consume online. Still buy food locally and I hit the hardware stores for nuts and bolts type stuff and the home centers if I'm doing some type of home reno that requires wood, but that's about it.

Why would I take the time to go to a local store to find lacking inventories/choices and higher prices? Jeff can get me what I need 80% of the time.

Top Bottom