Officials want FISA approved to spy without warrants or consequences.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The hearing made it clear that Section 702 is a dangerous loophole that allows corrupt bureaucrats to spy on Americans. The FBI, CIA, DOJ, DNI, and NSA are all begging Congress to keep it intact, claiming that it’s essential to national security.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

The most dangerous enemy is within.

What's that line about trading one tyrant thousands of miles away.....?

We are there.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They'll listen in on whomever they want, whenever they want and there isn't anything that's going to change that. Laws are for the poor and powerless now.
    However, and I acknowledge there are several ”if’s“ in this point, if it is not legal then if a president wants to try to destroy the alphabet agencies or even rein them in, this could be a tool…

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    They’ve been doing it anyway since 08 or so. If there are no consequences they’ll keep doing it. Meanwhile our “checks and balances” and “ oversight” get nothing solved. I think we’re screwed!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Reportedly there is another piece of legislation (“Reforming Intelligence and Securing America” Act) nearing a vote which effects Section 702 and the FISA court.

I have already written to my Representative, Mr. Baird, and encourage all to likewise contact your congresscritter.

A good explanation of why the current law is both unconstitutional and a threat to every citizen is here -> https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/e...iles/evo-media-document/goitein-testimony.pdf

My missive to Mr. Baird is below, should it be of use.

"Legislation is moving through Congress to once again reauthorize the unconstitutional infringements of U.S. Citizens 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 9th Amendment protections against U.S. Government actions. Please read the Preamble to the Bill of Rights, especially the operative clause "...in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added..." and apply that concept to the preceding named Amendments.

The current "Patriot Act", FISA court, and Section 702 are an affront to every U.S. Citizen who believes in the Constitution. The reality that a Supreme Court Justice would utter words such as Ketanji Brown Jackson spoke regarding the plaintiffs desire for the Federal Government being prohibited from directing private corporations to censor speech "is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the government in significant ways." is simply further proof that my elected representatives must be strict constitutionalists! Justice Brown-Jackson's statement is just the latest Government employee's speech which suggests someone paid by my tax dollars does not take their oath seriously or is woefully ignorant of our Constitution's content and intent.

There is NO case where a secret court (the FISA court) should have ANY authority over a U.S. Citizen, nor a case where a U.S. Citizen is denied their 6th Amendment Rights and protections!

Amendment VI.
    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

There is NO excuse for an individual who purports to represent me, to vote for any extension of any provision of the Patriot Act, including the FISA court structure or Section 702 where those provisions can be applied to a U.S. Citizen. Do not be swayed by the lamentations of the "intelligence experts". Remember, these are often the same level of "experts" which stated with such confidence that President Trump colluded with the Russian government and that Hunter Biden's laptop from hell was Russian disinformation. I refer you to this document for a deeper understanding of the breadth of 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendment violations being committed by the U.S. government; https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/e...iles/evo-media-document/goitein-testimony.pdf

You have a competitor in the next Primary Representative Baird. If you have any desire to retain your seat I suggest you start representing the people of your district in strict compliance with the Constitution and the best interests of this Nation.

Please respond with what YOU did to terminate Section 702, rein in the FISA court use against U.S. Citizens, and stop the infringements against citizens Rights."

Top Bottom