Officials investigate mysterious disappearance of 30-Ton shipment of explosive chemicals in California

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hopefully this is a black market fertilizer operation at work and not the work of some of the got-aways at the Southern border. The got-aways who gave us IEDs...

Dyno Nobel is an awesome name btw.

Approximately 61,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate, a chemical used as both fertilizer and an ingredient in explosives, went missing when it was shipped by rail from Wyoming to California last month, prompting officials to begin investigating the mysterious disappearance.

Ammonium nitrate was used in 1995 at an attack on the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. The explosion killed 168 people and injured approximately 850.

On April 12, a railcar loaded with 30 tons of the chemical left Cheyenne, Wyoming. However, according to an incident report from Dyno Nobel, when the car arrived two weeks later at a rail stop in the Mojave Desert, it was completely empty.

Dyno Nobel, the company responsible for shipping the ammonium nitrate is a leader in commercial explosives and filed a report with the federal National Response Center (NRC) on May 10.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How does that much just "Disappear"? Couple hundred pounds go missing, I can understand that, but tons??
    hopper door cracked open?

iu

I just dont understand it, George. We've never had a problem with weeds along this rail line before. Now look! Even the ditchweed is growing bigger than ever! :):

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Sadly, @KellyinAvon probably has the most correct answer if nefarious intent is involved. I really hope the weeds start growing spectacularly along the route that rail car took.

Anyone want to place bets on who gets blamed if something bad happens with that material? (I wonder if they have the manifesto written yet?)

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    How does that much just "Disappear"? Couple hundred pounds go missing, I can understand that, but tons??
    Customers pays for Weight and TIME ... the faster they want it $$$$$ ... so for Cheap (30 days = $$) ... it will sit in a Yard or two somewhere inbetween --

if the tank has smaller leaks -- it will gradually empty - some in the Yard and more so while it is Shaking in Transit

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    hopper door cracked open?

iu

I just dont understand it, George. We've never had a problem with weeds along this rail line before. Now look! Even the ditchweed is growing bigger than ever! :):
    From what I saw last night this is exactly what happened. Rail car developed a leak and now they're going to have a serious weed problem along a few hundred miles of track.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Drivel… I’m not sure how much ams (ammonium nitrate) I use in a year on crops, spray adjuvant, garden fertilizer, bushes, lawn etc. I’m pretty sure it’s not a rail car load but a couple semis for sure. I’m more interested in what’s going on elsewhere while we are supposed to be concerned about this.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    From what I saw last night this is exactly what happened. Rail car developed a leak and now they're going to have a serious weed problem along a few hundred miles of track.
    Least that's what the gubbermit wants you to believe. :tinfoil:

Top Bottom