• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weevilbasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Finally got my Form 1 back on July 3 and finally got it all put together enough for an early picture. I'm pretty excited this is my first Stamp. I'll have to get out the good camera and get some quality shots
    SBR Scorpion.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    American Mfg can keeping the cows comfortable.

ctSGUys.jpg

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Transferable C&R AR10

Directly below is a AR10 made in the Netherlands in 1957 and delivered to me by Fed Ex a couple of weeks ago after a 12 month wait. It is a Cuban model, named so because a few hundred made they way to Central and South American nations. Castro was among the impressed.

This is a 100% original MG and might have been fired a bit. But it certainly has been gently handled and not molested. This Cuban came with an original leather sling and I have been warned to not store the sling in a dry gun safe.

The Cuban models had no bayonet lug and had no provision for a blank fire adapter. So I guess I saved a few bucks on accessories.

2019-09-edit.jpg

Compare the above Cuban to the semi-auto Sudanese sniper AR10 kit gun shown below. The Sudanese AR10s have a brass unit number tag on the buttstock and the rear sight-wheel is labelled in Arabic characters. The Sudans have a bayonet lug and a flash-hider threaded to accept a blank fire device. The one below is a scoped variant with a specially machined carry handle with an internal thumb-wheel. The scope has a threaded rod protruding from its belly that is sucked into the carry handle by turning the thumb-wheel. I found the Sudanese AR10 on the AR15-dot-com equipment exchange board. The gun would not cycle because the gas tube was filled with carbon and the gas adjustment valve was stuck. The gas tube assembly broke on removal and my last spare was deployed.

Sudan-Sniperwith-Bayo-s2.jpg

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I deleted the picture previously based on a word of caution from another INGOer that I should measure the length of pull to make sure it was legal before posting it again. Finally dug out my tape measure and I have an inch to spare, so I'm good.

My SiCo Hybrid on my soon to be SBR'd .300 BLK AR pistol

View attachment 80629

I have since removed that cheapy Sightmark red dot as I plan to put something else on it, not sure what yet.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Directly below is a AR10 made in the Netherlands in 1957 and delivered to me by Fed Ex a couple of weeks ago. It is a Cuban model, named so because a few hundred made they way to Central and South American nations. Castro was among the impressed.

This is a 100% original gun and might have been fired a bit. But it certainly has been gently handled and not molested. This Cuban came with an original leather sling and I have been warned to not store the sling in a dry gun safe.

The Cuban models had no bayonet lug and had no provision for a blank fire adapter. So I guess I saved a few bucks on accessories.

2019-09-edit.jpg

Compare the above Cuban to the semi-auto Sudanese sniper AR10 kit gun shown below. The Sudanese AR10s has a brass unit number tag on the buttstock and the rear sight-wheel is labelled in Arabic characters. The Sudans had a bayonet lug and a flash-hider threaded to accept a blank fire device. The one below is a scoped variant with a specially machined carry handle with an internal thumb-wheel. The scope has a threaded rod protruding from its belly that is sucked into the carry handle by turning the thumb-wheel. I found the Sudanese AR10 on the AR15-dot-com equipment exchange board. The gun would not cycle because the gas tube was filled with carbon and the gas adjustment valve was stuck.

Sudan-Sniperwith-Bayo-s2.jpg

Am I the only one not seeing the pics he is referring to? Thanks in advance, I'll hang up and wait for reply.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Transitional Model Dutch AR10

Several readers enjoyed the Dutch AR10 pics posted a few days ago. So I thought to recycle another AR10 pic from this thread from way back in 4-19-2017.

Below is a Transitional model Dutch AR10 MG. A few hundred Transitional models were made between the Sudanese and Portuguese contract models. The Transitionals typically have early one-piece charging handles as opposed to the more complicated Portuguese charging handles that have the forward assist capability. Wooden handguards were a common feature on the Transitional AR10s with the later Transitional rifles having durable plastic composite handguards. The rifle below has walnut HGs that are signed by the fellow that carved them back in 1958. The half a dozen AR10s studied at the Aberdeen proving grounds in 1960 were Transitional models very much like the one below, except for having the composite plastic HGs. [Link to declassified report]

The bayonet lug is not a consistent feature on the Transitional AR10s. Some had no lug, others had a top or bottom lug compatible with the Portuguese bayonet. The rifle below has a bottom lug that accepts the early Sudanese bayonet.

Unfortunately, most Transitional AR10s were built with the weaker small lugged bolt taken from the Sudanese, Cuban, and Hollywood model designs. The later Portuguese Model AR10s had a wide lugged bolt that never seems to fail.

There were many one-off and weird features tested on the Transitional platform. For example, all the Dutch AR10 belt fed and SAW type guns were made using the Transitional platform. Innovative charging handle designs were also tested on the platform, such as rear charging (like a modern AR15) and side charging models.

attachment.php

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's so big the suppressor height sights line up with the edge of the can when it's on there.

It lives on my 300 BLK pistol most of the time, with occasional visits to my 6.5 CM Savage 10 Stealth.

Top Bottom