• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree. And if their policy is to follow state law and I violated no laws technically they shouldve let me be. Most likely it will be at managers own discretion which will be fine either way im not worried about it. Thats why I didn't make a big deal I may not agree with the managers view but I respect it.

You were, and are being, too mature. I'm not sure INGO can take this.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    You were, and are being, too mature. I'm not sure INGO can take this.

My thoughts exactly. I figured it would be as much though.

this just popped in my head I found it humorous so I figured I would share. * if you dont trust yourself with one alcoholic beverage while in possession of a gun I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and acting a fool with a firearm, especially after one drink isnt one.*

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm going to chime in here.

I'm with the manager on this one and if his behavior was polite and firm I would give him props. I'm of the view point that liquor/drugs and firearms don't mix, ever. For me it's no choice. I carry I drink soda, tea or water. Nothing that would affect my ability to employ or secure my weapons.

If I saw someone OCing and drinking I would leave instantly.
    :runaway:

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    What would keep you from getting stupid drunk and retrieving your gun from the car to kill everyone in there?

I don't think some of you are getting fallacy with the "alcohol and guns make scary" argument. If he had been CC, is it okay then? The manager would have never known and the alcohol would have been served. Is being in danger okay as long as you aren't aware of the danger? Does he ask everyone else that drinks if they are the driver? The last time I checked, more people die in automobile crashes then from guns. It is either all okay, or none of it is. He picked out what he saw as a risky behavior and took steps to stop it but ignores even riskier behavior on a daily basis. Me thinks he has some agenda here. Perhaps he was just looking for a reason to get you to take that gun outside. Maybe he didn't want to risk asking you to leave just on the fact that you were armed.

I wasn't there and I'm not him. But if you want to protect people from alcohol then there are better and more effective ways to do it. Besides, who gets drunk on one drink?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What happens if you think about drinking while you are also just thinking about carrying a gun at the same time?

Is that attempted drunk carrying?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My thoughts exactly. I figured it would be as much though.

this just popped in my head I found it humorous so I figured I would share. * if you dont trust yourself with one alcoholic beverage while in possession of a gun I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and acting a fool with a firearm, especially after one drink isnt one.*

Sounds like lyrics for a new country and western tune. Maybe you have hidden talent! Just remember your friends here on INGO when you become rich and famous! :):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm going to chime in here.

I'm with the manager on this one and if his behavior was polite and firm I would give him props. I'm of the view point that liquor/drugs and firearms don't mix, ever. For me it's no choice. I carry I drink soda, tea or water. Nothing that would affect my ability to employ or secure my weapons.

If I saw someone OCing and drinking I would leave instantly.

+1 It's a personal choice for me I don't want something to happen that will come back and bite my @SS. You may only have had 3 beers and feel good yet a BAC could say your over the limit and I'm sure if you had to use self defense they will try to say you were drunk and murdered a poor soul. Then again to each their own.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Another way to make sure this problem doesn't come up again if you, or anyone else, decides to OC and drink would be to sit in a booth and face a direction so that your firearm is not exposed for people to see. That way they wouldn't know you were drinking until you got up to leave (or take a **** I guess). However, I am with the guys here that feel drinking while OCing is less than a great idea. Not because you will do something stupid, but because you are representing the firearm community while OCing. For probably 95+% of the general population (pro-gun or not) alcohol + firearms = bad idea. Just CC and enjoy your margarita.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I agree with kutnupe14...it was th alcohol/gun issue that worried him...

However, nice job being a stand up guy to th waitress.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What would keep you from getting stupid drunk and retrieving your gun from the car to kill everyone in there?

I don't think some of you are getting fallacy with the "alcohol and guns make scary" argument. If he had been CC, is it okay then? The manager would have never known and the alcohol would have been served. Is being in danger okay as long as you aren't aware of the danger? Does he ask everyone else that drinks if they are the driver? The last time I checked, more people die in automobile crashes then from guns. It is either all okay, or none of it is. He picked out what he saw as a risky behavior and took steps to stop it but ignores even riskier behavior on a daily basis. Me thinks he has some agenda here. Perhaps he was just looking for a reason to get you to take that gun outside. Maybe he didn't want to risk asking you to leave just on the fact that you were armed.

I wasn't there and I'm not him. But if you want to protect people from alcohol then there are better and more effective ways to do it. Besides, who gets drunk on one drink?

Actually, more people have died in bars from guns, than cars. On the highway, more people have died from cars than guns. Ergo, don't be intoxicated with a firearm in a bar, and don't be intoxicated while driving a car on the highway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Another way to make sure this problem doesn't come up again if you, or anyone else, decides to OC and drink would be to sit in a booth and face a direction so that your firearm is not exposed for people to see. That way they wouldn't know you were drinking until you got up to leave (or take a **** I guess). However, I am with the guys here that feel drinking while OCing is less than a great idea. Not because you will do something stupid, but because you are representing the firearm community while OCing. For probably 95+% of the general population (pro-gun or not) alcohol + firearms = bad idea. Just CC and enjoy your margarita.

If you're going to drink while carrying, CC is the way to go. I prefer it not be done, but it's not illegal. However, "hearts and minds" people. You're not doing the firearm community any favors by being visibly armed while drinking alcohol.

Top Bottom