• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    That looked kind of ugly. Honestly I wouldn't even bring it up to the president because he isn't going to change his views based on what I say. I'll give them credit for calling him out on it but he is right that there is a bunch of rhetoric on both sides.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That looked kind of ugly. Honestly I wouldn't even bring it up to the president because he isn't going to change his views based on what I say. I'll give them credit for calling him out on it but he is right that there is a bunch of rhetoric on both sides.

I agree, nothing is going to be solved right there, especially over a wishy washy issue. You may look cool to your friends and get a few backslaps, but to smarter people, you're just posturing.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    You amaze me!! You want 2a people in office, but you rip on all comers. Posturing? Wishy washy issue? Rhetoric on both sides? SP and the Tea Party are at least 2A and anti big government supporters and that's good enough for me, regardless if you are rich or poor. Any Democrat, any time is almost 100% anti 2A and pro big Gov!! Wake up!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You amaze me!! You want 2a people in office, but you rip on all comers. Posturing? Wishy washy issue? Rhetoric on both sides? SP and the Tea Party are at least 2A and anti big government supporters and that's good enough for me, regardless if you are rich or poor. Any Democrat, any time is almost 100% anti 2A and pro big Gov!! Wake up!

You drank the Kool aid. I'm not aware that Sarah Palin is aware of anything other than the number of zeros those that "court" her put on her checks.
    And I have no issue with the Tea Party.... at least the real Tea Party, half the Tea Party people out there parrot Republican ideas. (Hint: they arent real Tea Party people).
    You're still pointing fingers at Democrats, when your other finger should be pointing at Republicans. It's the greatest "bait and switch" of all-time.... two groups pulling in opposite directions "allegedly," and going absolutely nowhere... and of course you and I have a wager on who is going to win, but we always lose.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    You drank the Kool aid. I'm not aware that Sarah Palin is aware of anything other than the number of zeros those that "court" her put on her checks.
    And I have no issue with the Tea Party.... at least the real Tea Party, half the Tea Party people out there parrot Republican ideas. (Hint: they arent real Tea Party people).
    You're still pointing fingers at Democrats, when your other finger should be pointing at Republicans. It's the greatest "bait and switch" of all-time.... two groups pulling in opposite directions "allegedly," and going absolutely nowhere... and of course you and I have a wager on who is going to win, but we always lose.

It's time for you to see the light. I understand your defense of the Dem party, but most of them have left you and your 2A beliefs. Name me one strong Dem. that strongly supports the 2A? You vote dem. you vote anti 2A period!! You are correct, there are many rhinos to be hunted down, but most, on par, are in right mind and support our 2A rights. The ones that are not will be sent home. Lugar comes to mind!! SP is not my cup of tea, but she is way better than anything the Dem's can come up with on 2A. All I'm saying is don't rip on all tea members and other conservatives running against these anti 2A contenders. The Tea Party cannot win alone and must merge with the closest party to gain traction. That party can only be the repug's. I don't like it either, but there it is. Maybe after the next election the Tea Party can fly on it's own, but until a huge victory next go, we will have to wait. We only way we lose is when people vote wrong at the primary's. Do yourself and others on Ingun a favor and vote strictly on 2A issue next go around and you won't lose.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy

Funny, looks to me like the Tea Party and the Republicans are big government, they're just in favor of a different form of big government. How much were the Tea Partiers willing to reduce "Defense"? How about their favorite social "Wars"? None at all. They like their version of big government. They just don't like the Democrat version of big government. Toss in a guy who wants to reduce it all and nobody, including Faux News, will even mention him.

The best thing about Sarah Palin was a movie produced by Larry Flint. The rest has been a joke on folks too slow to get it.

I don't like the Democrats and I don't like the Republicans, I like the Constitution, so I don't count at all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's time for you to see the light. I understand your defense of the Dem party, but most of them have left you and your 2A beliefs. Name me one strong Dem. that strongly supports the 2A? You vote dem. you vote anti 2A period!! You are correct, there are many rhinos to be hunted down, but most, on par, are in right mind and support our 2A rights. The ones that are not will be sent home. Lugar comes to mind!! SP is not my cup of tea, but she is way better than anything the Dem's can come up with on 2A. All I'm saying is don't rip on all tea members and other conservatives running against these anti 2A contenders. The Tea Party cannot win alone and must merge with the closest party to gain traction. That party can only be the repug's. I don't like it either, but there it is. Maybe after the next election the Tea Party can fly on it's own, but until a huge victory next go, we will have to wait. We only way we lose is when people vote wrong at the primary's. Do yourself and others on Ingun a favor and vote strictly on 2A issue next go around and you won't lose.

I can appreciate your passion for the subject, but at some point we have to start throwing the bums out. That point was at least 20+ years ago. If you wait until the "time is right," we will be waiting forever.

And btw Bill Richarson (D-NM), among others, is very well known for his pro 2A stance. I'd pick him over SP any day, at the very least, because he can form complete sentences.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana

And I have no issue with the Tea Party.... at least the real Tea Party, half the Tea Party people out there parrot Republican ideas.

What are the values/ideas of a Tea Party members? What are the values of the Republican party? What are the values of the Dem. party? Match them up and you will find that 80% of the tea Party values are the same as the republicans. Can't say the same or come close to that with the Dems!!!!You might very well be the Tea Party imposter. I left the repug's, because my 2A values are closer to the Tea Party. Many repug's need their ars kicked out and I am going to help do it, however, remember there is not one Dem. politician or Dem idea that is 100% pro gun. Happy trails!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny, looks to me like the Tea Party and the Republicans are big government, they're just in favor of a different form of big government. How much were the Tea Partiers willing to reduce "Defense"? How about their favorite social "Wars"? None at all. They like their version of big government. They just don't like the Democrat version of big government. Toss in a guy who wants to reduce it all and nobody, including Faux News, will even mention him.

The best thing about Sarah Palin was a movie produced by Larry Flint. The rest has been a joke on folks too slow to get it.

I don't like the Democrats and I don't like the Republicans, I like the Constitution, so I don't count at all.

I'd rep you again if I could! :laugh:

...for both parts

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana

Constitution? So do I!! The main role of government, according to the constitution is the protection of this country and our sovereignty. Cut's are good and must be made, but the defense of this country must be upheld. I agree up till recent times it is very much the same old, same old. As far as big gov., there is big gov. republican style and there's big gov. Obama style. Huge difference. So if you hate both because of big "G". then the lessor of to evils is quite clear if you are a 2A supporter. The correct choice allows you to shoot your guns and have more of your hard earn money for ammo! Oh, and maybe because of reduced taxes, a rich SOB might just open up a business in your neighborhood, because he is willing to make a calculated risk, make a financial sacrifice via a bank loan, stick it on the line and hire employes increasing their standard of living so that that they, business owner might make a profit. I know, profit is a dirty word. Either way the employees have more money for ammo and guns because the dems. aren't in control to ban them.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Constitution? So do I!! The main role of government, according to the constitution is the protection of this country and our sovereignty. Cut's are good and must be made, but the defense of this country must be upheld. I agree up till recent times it is very much the same old, same old. As far as big gov., there is big gov. republican style and there's big gov. Obama style. Huge difference. So if you hate both because of big "G". then the lessor of to evils is quite clear if you are a 2A supporter. The correct choice allows you to shoot your guns and have more of your hard earn money for ammo! Oh, and maybe because of reduced taxes, a rich SOB might just open up a business in your neighborhood, because he is willing to make a calculated risk, make a financial sacrifice via a bank loan, stick it on the line and hire employes increasing their standard of living so that that they, business owner might make a profit. I know, profit is a dirty word. Either way the employees have more money for ammo and guns because the dems. aren't in control to ban them.

So there it is. Defense must be upheld. With your tax dollars.

A big difference between rep. and Obama? I think not. This is just status quo. The tea party STARTED WITH BUSH IN OFFICE. Protesting HIM and the policies he was putting into place. Furthermore without these worthless foreign wars we wouldn't be in this hole.

Ever hear of the department of homeland security? Wasn't started by Obama.

How about your precious Bill of Rights? Ever read the patriot act? I certainly hope not if you are choosing the lesser of two evils.

The trickle down theory didn't work in the 30's and it isn't working now. Unemployment is pretty steady near 10% and we have had these tax cuts for how long? A decade? Still not getting better? Looks like that rich SOB took his money to China and sold the goods to us.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    At the risk of hijacking this discussion, I take issue with "Tea Party Activist". They are REPUBLICANS. When I first heard about the Tea Party movement a couple of years ago I was really excited. I was elated that I was able to work a security detail for my dept at the 4th of July Tea Party rally 2 years ago at White River State Park. However, while I was standing there listening to the speeches, I realized that this was nothing new or groundbreaking, I was in the middle of a sea of Republicans with the same BLAH BLAH BLAH speeches. They are not "activists" and attaching themselves to the term "Tea Party" denotes fighting for liberty, freedom, against oppression. It is the same politics in a new colorful wrapper.
    Maybe, but whatever it is, it is damn sure better than what we have running the place now. Wouldn't you say?:patriot:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Constitution? So do I!! The main role of government, according to the constitution is the protection of this country and our sovereignty. Cut's are good and must be made, but the defense of this country must be upheld.

Of course it must. Do we have a number for that excuse yet? It'll save a fair amount of typing. Republicans can just type 666 and we'll know what they mean. I dunno, maybe the Democrats are already using that one.

Hey, I do appreciate the way those two Middle Eastern wars, which have cost us over a trillion dollars, have kept the camels out of my refrigerator. They make such a mess of the butter.

I agree up till recent times it is very much the same old, same old. As far as big gov., there is big gov. republican style and there's big gov. Obama style. Huge difference.

Not really. Both parties make excuses for keeping their cattle sacred.

So if you hate both because of big "G". then the lessor of to evils is quite clear if you are a 2A supporter.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

The correct choice allows you to shoot your guns and have more of your hard earn money for ammo! Oh, and maybe because of reduced taxes, a rich SOB might just open up a business in your neighborhood, because he is willing to make a calculated risk, make a financial sacrifice via a bank loan, stick it on the line and hire employes increasing their standard of living so that that they, business owner might make a profit. I know, profit is a dirty word. Either way the employees have more money for ammo and guns because the dems. aren't in control to ban them.

I'm afraid I don't live in China or India. The last place I worked the CEO used his $2mil bonus for closing the US plant to move operations to Mexico. Cha-ching. More profit.

I don't mind profit, but I do have a pretty strong sacred BS allergy. Oddly enough my eyes are starting to swell closed and I'm feeling a sneeze coming on.

If the Republican Party fields Ron Paul I'll vote for him. Did it in '88 and I'd do it again in a heart beat. Since that's not going to happen I guess I'll just vote Libertarian yet again. That's almost as big a waste as voting for evil and pretending it's good enough.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Governor Palin is the only true conservative voice out there. I see we have some folks here who have swallowed the b.s. the liberal media has spewed about her.

There is a reason the demos continue to attack her - she is the one they fear.

As for myself, I will not vote for a RINO like Romney. I held my nose and voted for McCain, I will not do that again.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Governor Palin is the only true conservative voice out there. I see we have some folks here who have swallowed the b.s. the liberal media has spewed about her.

As for myself, I will not vote for a RINO like Romney. I held my nose and voted for McCain, I will not do that again.

Last I checked she isn't the governor of anything. Oh and ya that bailout was conservative alright.

Oh shes one of us you say.....Heck ya I always cruise around in my private jet during my book bus tour, while signing my reality TV deal.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The Tea Party is alive and well, and we know who the posers are.

Taking our country back one election at a time.

:yesway: What he said! There is hope. Marlin Stutzman has the right idea. Coats is proving better than I feared he would, but bears watching. Lugar must go next. Finding candidates who are committed to saving the nation by reducing government, cutting taxes, strengthening the nuclear family, closing the borders, eliminating illegal immigrants while providing for reasonable immigration of rich and poor, etc., are our current concerns. Quality candidates must be identified, promoted, and elected. If we stay the course, there is hope.

RINOs are not our hope, but our greatest problem. They talk conservative but vote liberal. These must be identified and voted out of office. Again, if we stay the course, do our homework and support conservative candidates, there is hope.:patriot:

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can appreciate your passion for the subject, but at some point we have to start throwing the bums out. That point was at least 20+ years ago. If you wait until the "time is right," we will be waiting forever.

And btw Bill Richarson (D-NM), among others, is very well known for his pro 2A stance. I'd pick him over SP any day, at the very least, because he can form complete sentences.

Choosing a candidate simply because he or she is an eloquent public speaker is not a wise move. Hussein is a great public speaker as long as he has his teleprompter. Richardson is a good communicator, and he may support the 2nd amendment, but he has not acted to close the borders, cut taxes, strengthen the family or end the liberal policies of the Clintons. He is, to the best of my knowledge, another Richard Lugar.

Palin may not be the candidate you want, but she is not running for office. You are being distracted so you do not see what the Dems and the RINOs are doing. If we identify and support candidates who stand for the Constitution, all of it, we have a chance to save the nation.

If folks here do not like the Tea Party Movement, I suggest you research the Constitution Party.

Constitution Party Platform

As has been said, the drive to reestablish the Constitution as the Founding Fathers intended it will not be supported by the Republicans or the Democrats. They are now part of the ruling class and have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Some leaders are leaving these traditional parties, such as Cynthia Davis as explained in this article.

Ex-GOP lawmaker Cynthia Davis switching to Constitution Party

FYI I am not a member of the Constitution Party. I am simply suggesting there is an alternative to the two major parties. We must find people who will advance the cause and vote them into office.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

Ms Palin is a voice, but that's all.

Top Bottom