• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    "Big banks, big insurance will be willing to pay millions to hear motivational, secret speeches.", said Donald Trump, Dubya, GHW Bush and Ronald Reagan...

While the amounts are outrageous, it's not like they can get a regular, 9-5 job somewhere after their stint is over. GWB, Obama and all remaining Prezs get lifetime Secret Service protection (GHWB and Carter got 10 years after leaving office); imagine the nightmare of having to schedule normal business ops with those guys.

/BTW, for Reagan, that was $1M in 1990 dollars; $18M in 2016 dollars.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    While the amounts are outrageous, it's not like they can get a regular, 9-5 job somewhere after their stint is over. GWB, Obama and all remaining Prezs get lifetime Secret Service protection (GHWB and Carter got 10 years after leaving office); imagine the nightmare of having to schedule normal business ops with those guys.

/BTW, for Reagan, that was $1M in 1990 dollars; $18M in 2016 dollars.

They don't need 9 to 5 jobs, most can live on 400,00k for life

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Actually, I learned Arabic in College. I speak and read Spanish, English, Arabic, Quechua (bit out of practice here as it was in Peace Corps some 30 years ago and it isn't big in the US so...) and can read Italian, French and Portuguese. I actually read it in Arabic and again in English. I still would like to meet BehindBlueI's someday as I could care less what religion he is, I am a Christian.

As for the thread, I sort of like stirring the pot now and then. :naughty:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I remember my liberal friends saying this same thing in 2008. I told one of them that I was 100% certain either Sen. McCain or Sen. Obama would be sworn in as President on Jan. 20th, 2009. I was right. I'm going out on a limb again and say that either Mr. Trump or Sec. Clinton will be sworn in as President on Jan. 20th, 2017. However, I will add one caveat this time. It is possible that Sec. Clinton, even if she wins the election, might not be able to take the oath of office. Her health seems to be more and more of a problem.

Really....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually, I learned Arabic in College. I speak and read Spanish, English, Arabic, Quechua (bit out of practice here as it was in Peace Corps some 30 years ago and it isn't big in the US so...) and can read Italian, French and Portuguese. I actually read it in Arabic and again in English. I still would like to meet BehindBlueI's someday as I could care less what religion he is, I am a Christian.

So would you like to amend you "religion of peace" statement to something more palatable?

Kut (is better at it than you) lol

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

What in particular led you to think you have to "pretend" Islam is a religion of peace?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't think the OP knows how the UN works.
    They are not a bunch of mercenaries who invade sovereign nations.
    Not to mention they don't have their own military anyway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think the OP knows how the UN works.
    They are not a bunch of mercenaries who invade sovereign nations.
    Not to mention they don't have their own military anyway.

Exactly. Member nations can pull their troops from operations they disagree with.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly. Member nations can pull their troops from operations they disagree with.

And even when they agree they usually don't send much troops.

They do only peackeeping operations anyway, they don't bring peace, they don't fight other armies.
    Their rules of engagement keep them from shooting first, they just show up once people stopped fighting and hope nobody wills shoot at them.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The OP understands the UN. Thanks, I know they aren't mercenaries.

I'd still like to meet BBI.

As a follower of Islam, I would think you have read the way the Koran has many convenient way of getting around the initial way Mohammed started out. He changes as he ses fit and near the end it was all about killing people who don't agree with him. The way the Koran is read, the oldest is superseded by the newer content. The Hadiths also bear this out. It is clear, at least to me,that the goal of Islam is world submission Islam. Refuse to do so and you either die or live as a slave. The last isn't always done though so likely you will live under the threat of death until you are finally forced to accept Islam or die.

Your serve. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The OP understands the UN. Thanks, I know they aren't mercenaries.

I'd still like to meet BBI.

As a follower of Islam, I would think you have read the way the Koran has many convenient way of getting around the initial way Mohammed started out. He changes as he ses fit and near the end it was all about killing people who don't agree with him. The way the Koran is read, the oldest is superseded by the newer content. The Hadiths also bear this out. It is clear, at least to me,that the goal of Islam is world submission Islam. Refuse to do so and you either die or live as a slave. The last isn't always done though so likely you will live under the threat of death until you are finally forced to accept Islam or die.

Your serve. :)

Mohammed fought when he had to, made peace when he could, and did not kill simply for not believing. He certainly did kill. He killed on the battlefield, he killed those who made treaties and then broke them. Peaceful people must sometimes kill. I would think a gun forum would be the last place I would need to explain that to.

Break out your Koran, give me a verse, and let's discuss.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And even when they agree they usually don't send much troops.

They do only peackeeping operations anyway, they don't bring peace, they don't fight other armies.
    Their rules of engagement keep them from shooting first, they just show up once people stopped fighting and hope nobody wills shoot at them.

Korea
    Vietnam
    Gulf War 1 &2.
    Might disagree.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, ROBIN SAGE is just a cover?

BTW, warthog, nice use of Trumpspeak. "I'm not saying this is possible, but I heard a lot of people - very smart people, the best people - talking about it. I won't even mention what Killary thinks of the whole plan."

SMH...
    Never trust someone who speaks only in superlatives...

I think you mean JADE HELM. Robin Sage is the capstone exercise for US Army Special Forces.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, Let me find the thing, it isn't on my top shelf, either one.

He certainly did do a lot of killing and when he did make peace it was because he HAD to,the guy was pretty self serving. His forces weren't always so conservative though and killed off the battlefield.

I don't have Arabic on my current system, will English suffice or should I figure out how to post the verse in Arabic?

As for Trumpspeak, didn't want to offend and het banned. :):

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Circling back to the OP before it got all Denny'd...

The 20th amendment makes this all a bit moot.... Now, Congress might think President Obama is still [STRIKE]the bo[/STRIKE] great (was going to use a slang phrase, but figured one of the words in it alongside the President's name in the same sentence would cause some alarm to go off somewhere) and choose him to keep running things.

Top Bottom