• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So many conflicting stories on it. Some sites are reports that can no longer import at all saiga rifles and shotguns.

Read the links that I posted on the first page. You will get the info directly from the US gov.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    No, this is not an executive authority but rather a congressional authority as found in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution.

It's an executive authority when congress delegates it to the executive branch, as is the case here. Do you find it unconstitutional for congress to delegate authority with respect to implementation of laws?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's an executive authority when congress delegates it to the executive branch, as is the case here. Do you find it unconstitutional for congress to delegate authority with respect to implementation of laws?

When they delegate authority for determining what the law is and not merely the enforcement thereof, yes, this is a breach of constitutional authority. I would make the same argument in delegating the authority to coin money and regulate the value thereof to the Federal Reserve. I would make the same argument for delegating to the Executive Branch, hence the ATF to make up its own damned gun laws withing very broad limitations. The purpose of the Congress is to make laws, not write the President/appointees/bureaucrats blank checks to make up their own.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Pretty much sums it up. Until the goodies dry up he is in like Flint.

images

Ahem.....
    In like Flynn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    When they delegate authority for determining what the law is and not merely the enforcement thereof, yes, this is a breach of constitutional authority. I would make the same argument in delegating the authority to coin money and regulate the value thereof to the Federal Reserve. I would make the same argument for delegating to the Executive Branch, hence the ATF to make up its own damned gun laws withing very broad limitations. The purpose of the Congress is to make laws, not write the President/appointees/bureaucrats blank checks to make up their own.

I won't argue that. But the finger pointing should be on congress.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I won't argue that. But the finger pointing should be on congress.

That still doesn't excuse Obama, or anyone else in the cornerless office.

If Charlie and Jane let Jim rape their 5 year old daughter, we wouldn't be arguing over whether Charlie and Jane are to blame or Jim is to blame but see that all three need at minimum to die of old age in prison.

The chain of culpability works here the same way. Congress should not delegate authority that it is not authorized to delegate, and the recipient, in this case the President should not accept authority that was not constitutionally authorized to have been given to him.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Not ALL new AK's are even covered in this action so the title is a bit extreme. The only ones effected as I read it ill be Saiga and VEPR and the VEPR part is iffy IMO. This is ONLY for Russian items and that is only ONE coutry of many the ISSR once was so this may not be all that much of a dent in this tyoe of rifle anyway. It is sure to drive up prices though since so many tend to panic buy when this sort of reporting is one. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Executive Order 13661.
    Think about that for a minute... 13661 times a US President has proclaimed supreme power without the approval of Congress....
    Imagine how high that number would be if it included the Presidents before Barry! (Insert purple as needed)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Executive Order 13661.
    Think about that for a minute... 13661 times a US President has proclaimed supreme power without the approval of Congress....
    Imagine how high that number would be if it included the Presidents before Barry! (Insert purple as needed)
    Purple understood but he has dome more EO's that all the previous presidents combined I believe.
    No other before him has acted more KINGLY than Barry.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Purple understood but he has dome more EO's that all the previous presidents combined I believe.
    No other before him has acted more KINGLY than Barry.

That is incorrect. He's only signed a couple hundred Executive Orders. I believe it's FDR with the most EO's at something like 3,000ish.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    [h=1]Rahm Emanuel's : 'No Crisis Should Go to Waste'[/h]"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. . . . Things that we had postponed for too long, that were long-term, are now immediate and must be dealt with."

I hate to link to the Huffington Post, but this was the only link I could find about how Barry Husein operates.
    It was interesting the the Youtube of this speach is no longer available.

Rahm Emanuel's Misguided Mantra: 'No Crisis Should Go to Waste'

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I think that I would like to see a listing of the titles of the executive orders and what they actually do. All executive orders are not equal by a very long shot as some are pretty mild and toothless while others will knock your socks off. I think that when a president extends an executive order of a predecessor, that extension also counts as an executive order for the president who signs the extension. Like almost everything else, we need to be provided with more information than just the raw number that a president has signed.

Top Bottom