• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think that I would like to see a listing of the titles of the executive orders and what they actually do. All executive orders are not equal by a very long shot as some are pretty mild and toothless while others will knock your socks off. I think that when a president extends an executive order of a predecessor, that extension also counts as an executive order for the president who signs the extension. Like almost everything else, we need to be provided with more information than just the raw number that a president has signed.

This, and you also have to consider the length of term in office. That would increase the number of EO that (supposedly) need extended, need modified, or are fashioned to deal with a rough edge (like an ambiguously defined standard) not adequately addressed in a law (which is the proper use) just by virtue of the amount of time a person is on watch. No surprise that FDR who died in his fourth term would have the record, in addition to his penchant for wanting to remake the republic into something else.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana

Ahem???? Did you miss post #16?

One can only hope....... or in keeping with the older/ original phrase " in like Flynn" perhaps something more to the point..

images

Top Bottom