• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.
    I HAVE SOME ACORNS THAT I PICKED UP FROM A LARGE NICE TREE. THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO START THESE GROWING? HAVE 10 IN ALL AN WOULD LIKE TO PLANT THEM ALONG MY FENCE LINE.
    THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTONS
    HUFFMANWG
    :patriot:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    another option is to buy seedlings from the state, you can get 100 for less than $30.
    they are accepting applications now and will ship next spring as soon as they can dig.

DNR: Tree Seedling Nurseries

Update: this is for Indiana residents only, just noticed the OP lists VA as home.

Last edited:

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    another option is to buy seedlings from the state, you can get 100 for less than $30.
    they are accepting applications now and will ship next spring as soon as they can dig.

Update: this is for Indiana residents only, just noticed the OP lists VA as home.

This would be a great deal but I dont have the room to plant 100 of them and I cant see wasting 90-95 of them. If anyone does this I would buy a few off of them.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I've planted well over 100 white swamp oak on my farm. All of them were saplings that were growing underneath a well producing tree in town next to my parents home. They have what seems to be a never ending supply of saplings.

HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.

I'm sorry. when i sign up for this site nothing was said. So am i to leave the forums? Don't want to cause problems. Just wanted to chat with fellow gun owners.:patriot:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm sorry. when i sign up for this site nothing was said. So am i to leave the forums? Don't want to cause problems. Just wanted to chat with fellow gun owners.:patriot:
    We welcome your input, sorry we were talking OAK trees and the state only sells to Indiana residents. Nothing else was meant by that.:ingo:

Top Bottom