NWI
    poor NY people

guntech24n-2-web.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So, I guess when some cop decides to shoot preemptively this will be his excuse? Legal concealed carry just took on a new dimension.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Next thing will be the new 'between the legs' holsters that prevent the gun from blocking the emissions such that the machine can't see the gun.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    There will be allot of cancer in that city now.. lol jk
    It doesn't send out radiation, it reads the natural radiation emitted from living objects (such as people) and looks for gaps (i.e. where the radiation is being blocked).

When you think radiation most people think nuclear fallout or x-rays, but there is a lot more than that. Light is radiated, heat is radiated, and there are certainly other forms of radiation that machines can detect that the human eye cannot, such as this.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I'd like to see what the whole image in the terahertz range looks like. The overlay makes it look like the guy is "obviously" carrying a gun, because we know he's a person and it's semi-gun-shaped. What does the rest of the not-a-gun world look like? The black patch near the back of his leg could be a metal rod shoved up his ass?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Put your gun in your microwave oven for 30 seconds before you go out ... and voila.Your gun will have a heat signature similar to your body. :):

Of course dont do that with a Glock! :rofl:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Now, just pass a law that having anything this machine mistakes for a gun is a felony.
    As far as I'm concerned, New York is no better than North Korea.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Stop-and-frisk", as a warrantless search, doesn't even pass the 4th Amendment sniff test. The fact that this device makes "stop-and-frisk" easier and less obvious doesn't alter that fact. Any technology which extends the data gathering ability of police, beyond that which the unaided human senses can ascertain, is a search and requires a warrant, signed by a judge, supported by sworn testimony, specifying the places to be searched, and the people and/or things to be seized. Period.

windhorst3187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    That ain't right. I don't like how they drive through parking lots with those new cameras that take pictures of license plates. THeir excuse is to see where sexual predators are frequenting.....I smell bs...

Top Bottom