• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Do the owners of these stores usually work behind the counter? I mean, will a bunch of people OC'ing even be noticed by anyone who matters when it comes to the corporate or local policies of the company? Or is this push more just to pad the incoming cash flow to the corporation on this single day, as so the voice of the Anti's seems to have less potency behind it?

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    CSORuger, I am not sure if I get your humor but it sounds counter productive... I don't perceive any contributors to this topic to be antis...
    Napalm, thanks for the response. Looks like I need to do some research. If anyone can shed some light and cares to chime in, please do! Thanks!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I've OC'd in there in the past. Heck I even passed an (unloaded) AR15 through the drive thru window to one of the guys because he saw it on my front seat one day and asked about it. :)

I was thinking of Bill B.. I wouldn't want him to have to relive it. :D

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I was thinking about how to make this effort more effective, and I thought we needed something to hand in to the local stores. I added a little and modified it specifically to Indiana, (with thanks to the New Jersey group for the initial start point).

You should be able to paste the following by copy/paste into a WORD document. Change the local club or organization affiliation if any. there is also a line for a signature as well. optional...

Note to NPCCC members we are going to meet at the Starbucks on US 30 (near Wise Way in Valpo) at 6:00 PM. and then go to our regular Club meeting at 7:00 at the Valpo Police Station. Thats what I have heard anyway... All are welcome to join in...

[FONT=&quot]Indiana Gun Owners [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]February 14, 2012[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Local Starbucks Manager,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Today I as well as a number of fellow law abiding citizens’s are making a purchase at your establishment to show my support of your stance on concealed and open firearm carry in Indiana. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Your policy of welcoming law abiding citizens to protect themselves in your stores is an indication of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]your support of public and personal safety. We are thankful for businesses such as yours, who do not falter or waiver in support of our constitutional rights, and who do not buckle under the limited “pressures” of those who through emotional appeals and irrational logic try to advance their own agendas contrary to law. By following our state laws regarding firearms, you are recognizing that the laws of our country continue to exist even as we cross your threshold; and that is gratefully appreciated. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Further, we would encourage you to forward this letter to your corporate offices, so that the policy making authorities within your company are made aware of our support.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The members and friends of the ____<insert local club or affiliation here if any> _ and would like to officially thank you for upholding the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms in your establishments. We pledge to continue to support your company as you continue to support the laws of this great country.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]____________________________________[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indiana Gun Owners [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] February 14, 2012[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Local Starbucks Manager,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Today I as well as a number of fellow law abiding citizens’s are making a purchase at your establishment to show my support of your stance on concealed and open firearm carry in Indiana. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Your policy of welcoming law abiding citizens to protect themselves in your stores is an indication of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]your support of public and personal safety. We are thankful for businesses such as yours, who do not falter or waiver in support of our constitutional rights, and who do not buckle under the limited “pressures” of those who through emotional appeals and irrational logic try to advance their own agendas contrary to law. By following our state laws regarding firearms, you are recognizing that the laws of our country continue to exist even as we cross your threshold; and that is gratefully appreciated. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Further, we would encourage you to forward this letter to your corporate offices, so that the policy making authorities within your company are made aware of our support.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The members and friends of the ____<insert local club or affiliation here if any> _ and would like to officially thank you for upholding the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms in your establishments. We pledge to continue to support your company as you continue to support the laws of this great country.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]__________________________________________[/FONT]

I may try to attend this before I head further east for the evening. Either way, I plan on hitting as many as I can through the day. Best banana nut bread...

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Definitely going to a Starbucks somewhere. Not sure about which one or when, though, as it takes me 45 minutes at least to get to one. Bubba and I are heading to the range to celebrate Valentine's Day and will then find a Starbucks. Best Valentine's Day ever. :rockwoot:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I put in a request for the day off. :rockwoot:
    Now hopefully I can track down a holster for my new! to me s&w 457 before then. I don't think I'll be able to talk darkkevin into giving up his for the day. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What a great way to show support! I hope many can attend. I am new to Indiana, and this will be my first OC event. I hope the group does not mind if I ask for some advice here.
    Do I need an LTCH or Indiana DL before I OC in Indiana? I have my AZ Concealed Carry Permit (CCW), Is this sufficient to carry concealed or OC in Indiana? Are there any handguns banned in Indiana? My gun collection spans a wide spectrum and just want to make sure I don't carry something that's banned or otherwise considered illegal in the state of Indiana.
    Thanks!

et_aruba are you a resident of IN or AZ?
    If you are a resident of IN (ie. your driver's license is from Indiana) then you need an Indiana Handgun Carry License (LTCH) to carry OC or CC any handgun in the state.

You can carry a long gun (CC or OC) WITHOUT the need of any license in Indiana.

Now if you are a resident of AZ then you are OK to CC/OC in Indiana.

IANAL & THIS IS NOT LEAGL ADVICE!

-Jedi

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just putting this out there for the Karma police to beat me, but if anyone thinks that carrying a LONG GUN into Starbucks is a good idea then they need to go get some therapy.

And if anyone thinks that carrying a LONG GUN into Starbucks will help create POSITIVE PUBLIC RELATIONS for the pro-gun community then they need to get a lot of therapy.

LEAVE THE RIFLES AT HOME

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just putting this out there for the Karma police to beat me, but if anyone thinks that carrying a LONG GUN into Starbucks is a good idea then they need to go get some therapy.

And if anyone thinks that carrying a LONG GUN into Starbucks will help create POSITIVE PUBLIC RELATIONS for the pro-gun community then they need to get a lot of therapy.

LEAVE THE RIFLES AT HOME

Agree for starbucks in our area (NWI).
    Now if we were way down in southern Indiana I would say your text does not apply as from what I have been told here on INGO it's a common site to see a long gun down there.

Not that I will be going to Starbucks anyways was just trying to explain the IN laws to our new member. :)
    Ya folks with guns scare me!

SolidSnake99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Lowell, IN
    I am planning on going to a Starbucks after work, I do not get off until 4 and probably wont go till late evening after the gym. maybe around 7:30-8 if anyone wants to meet up for that time. I don't have any preference on which one. I am from Lowell so it doesn't matter. CP, Schererville, Merrillville Saint John... Lemme know!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I spoke with Darious, one of the baristas at the ST JOHN Starbucks. He told me that he had heard about the boycott and thought it only applied to a few states like TEXAS. There was a long line, I didn't get a chance to correct him and his errors.

I'm concerned that some at Starbucks may think that the pro-gun people are upset with the company.

We are coming to SUPPORT the company. They need to understand that. We need to THANK them.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I can hit a merrillville one, there are 3 that I can think of off the top of my head. Mall parking lot north of gander mountain, across from the mall, and @ radisson.

I was thinking the one next door to the Tux shop...that actually the only one ive been in here.

probably be around 5 though, i work in illinois and would have to stop at home before coming out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom