NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I will stand by my statement that high school sports is nothing more than government subsidized
    childcare.
    Most parents think it is their little darling that is going to get the college scholarship. Statistics prove
    otherwise.
    I have known people who direct their crotch goblins to a particular college based upon who the
    coach is of a certain sport. Misdirected intentions.
    Again 100% of all things education related should be 100% by the parents of the children currently enrolled in the school. Those that are child free or no longer have children should not be burdened with funding the education of crotch goblins.

I also agree with the Indiana constitution that residents should be educated. The funds for that education should come only from the parties that produced the crotch goblins.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Freeze/frost warning. And that's why you don't do the plant thing until Mother's Day. Whining folks about moving plants uniting.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Again 100% of all things education related should be 100% by the parents of the children currently enrolled in the school. ...

Brings to mind the huge growth in the Christian schools out in Dyer/St. John. I assume the parents (tuition) is paying for those schools. I imagine they have a little more say in the curriculum also.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Brings to mind the huge growth in the Christian schools out in Dyer/St. John. I assume the parents (tuition) is paying for those schools. I imagine they have a little more say in the curriculum also.

The School Choice Program feeds this for those who take advantage and are eligible for it. Oh, and it's taxpayer funded.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . .
    Most parents think it is their little darling that is going to get the college scholarship. Statistics prove
    otherwise.
    . . .
    Add up the costs of little Jenny's private traveling volleyball league and little Johnny's baseball leagues and all the equipment and the travel expenses and the lessons.

Take that same $$$$ spent per year and set it aside for college. You could pay CA$H for tuition and housing and probably pay off other bills too.

My Godson's parents were spending over $5000 a year for him for soccer leagues and that didn't include their travel expenses. And they started that when he was probably 5 or 6 years old. He's now at IU, no soccer scholarship. I'm guessing over the prior 14 years of his life, his parents probably dropped at least $100,000 in soccer camps, equipment, club fees and travel related expenses. All to have a kid who was a starter his Senior year on the Chesterton team, which admittedly is a very good team, but not good enough.

So I also get that you spend $$$ on your kids happiness, recreation and family activities, but had they not been pursuing a scholarship maybe they would be able to pay for his college instead of taking out loans?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The School Choice Program feeds this for those who take advantage and are eligible for it. Oh, and it's taxpayer funded.
    A lot of the kids at those 2 schools are actually from ILLINOIS. Look at the cars pulling into those parking lots. Yes, the Indiana School Choice Program pays some of the tuition for the Indiana students. But not the Illinois students. And those schools do a lot of church fundraising too.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    A lot of the kids at those 2 schools are actually from ILLINOIS. Look at the cars pulling into those parking lots. Yes, the Indiana School Choice Program pays some of the tuition for the Indiana students. But not the Illinois students. And those schools do a lot of church fundraising too.
    Some people have problems...like too much money.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Some people have problems...like too much money.
    A lot of the people I know who send their kids to those (type) of school put their family at a very high priority, skimp and save in other places, to be able to afford those tuitions at those schools. I saw the very same at Marian Catholic and various other religious grade schools and elementary schools that I have been affiliated with. Mostly middle class people who believe (and rightly so) that public education is not on the right path, and that there are better educations to be had in the religious schools. And many of the parents chose the schools because it was a good school, many parents are not even religious who put their kids in those schools.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Come on snow!!!! Come on!!!!
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom