NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    First time I've heard of this, although not surprising. We lived in Whiting when we were first married. My in-laws lived their most of their lives. So I'm familiar with the various issues with the plant. The thing is. If BP decided to say f**k it we're out of here. And re-located to another part of the country. It would be devastating to the cities of Whiting/Hammond. And all the jobs it provides.
    Only way BP would say f... it and leave would be..

1) complete destruction of that "town" think bombing via planes, sub attack or major catastrophic failure

2) .gov makes environmental mandates that make it unprofitable

The probability of #1 is very low
    The probability of #2 is medium

Better odds are BP leaves via a buy out by company "xyz" just like Amoco was taken out by BP.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Fe+CuPbZn+HG(CNO)2+C18H21N110+Pb=BC

An INGO challenge coin to the first PM with the correct answer.

Hint: it is not Tupperware.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That dude who was trying to give me the bait and switch just gave me my first negative feedback. I figured he prolly would. He is pretty butthurt that he got caught.
    I got a one and only negative feedback in a similar but different dispute. I actually offered someone retail for something he had listed at double retail. Said I was lowballing. Literally I could buy them at retail stores for retail price.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Found my dad’s sling he just ordered and wanted to put on his squirrel gun he had never been squirrel hunting but was outfitting a 10/22 one of his last texts to me was asking about sling swivels. So I suppose I will finish it out maybe I will get my first tree rat limit with it next season.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Anyone else from the region attend the color guard regional competition at Lincolnway East in Frankfort, IL today? My granddaughter's high school, Mason HS Mason OH, is competing there today & tomorrow.

High schools from Chesterton, Munster, Goshen, Lafayette, Zionsville, Mishawaka, Greenfield, Noblesville, & Lake Central had teams there. Also Purdue & Indiana University.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    High dollar dinner. :spend:
    Yes for 4 it was $205 (tip included).
    2 had pop, 2 had water.
    3 adult meals, 1 kids meal.

Prior to today one would go home with a box full of food so in essence that average price of $50 per person was really for 2 meals the one you ate there and the leftovers you took home so about $25 per meal.

Today the left overs were less. About 1/3 of the box full enough for a snack afterwards. The portion sizes have shrunk as everywhere else.

Top Bottom