• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    CG, I haven’t met you yet but DK has spoken highly of you, and told me that I would’ve loved meeting your dad.
    I’m sorry to hear this news. Please do reach out to anyone that’s offering, myself included, even if just for another listening ear.
    As another eldest sibling, don’t hesitate to delegate some responsibilities if you’re able to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I forgot to mention...

The DoD (Dept of Defense) has a ceremony. They can send someone out if they have anyone available.
    I think the funeral home should know how to get hold of them.

Then the American Legion and/or Veteran's of Foreign Wars have their own ceremonies.
    As with the DoD, it depends on if that Post has enough volunteers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My kids were on CBS News this afternoon & tonight demonstrating fencing.

Short video, but if you want to learn a new Marshall Art that simulated killing your opponent with a metal stick, this video is for you!

I trained both of the fencers in the video. Kid on the left is a junior, earned his national E rating this year. Girl on the right is even higher rated, with a national D rating, and a scholarship to college. She will be attending Cleveland State, fencing on their Div 1 NCAA team next season. That will give me 3 varsity fencers who I've graduated from HS and helped get on that particular team!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well today was the day time to start looking into the local vfw (crown point). He doesn t want a funeral. He would rather it be in the backyard at his house.. so we shall see since he wants cremated nothing is as time sensitive I don’t believe, then again never done anything like this. He is going to be upset if he votes democrat I know that…. Since he died in Chicago they probably log him in.

this has been an ongoing battle for 6 months I believe he was at peace and ready and he gave that to me. So it isn’t easy but I have already said goodbye 4x’s. 68 is too young…..

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My kids were on CBS News this afternoon & tonight demonstrating fencing.

Short video, but if you want to learn a new Marshall Art that simulated killing your opponent with a metal stick, this video is for you!

I trained both of the fencers in the video. Kid on the left is a junior, earned his national E rating this year. Girl on the right is even higher rated, with a national D rating, and a scholarship to college. She will be attending Cleveland State, fencing on their Div 1 NCAA team next season. That will give me 3 varsity fencers who I've graduated from HS and helped get on that particular team!

That is really neat

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    How do you not know? How?
    She didn't have any of the usual "symptoms". I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving but my brother who lives with her and my uncle who saw her a couple days before said she didn't look outwardly so(she do be fat doh), supposedly she was still experiencing shark week and she didn't feel anything.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well today was the day time to start looking into the local vfw (crown point). He doesn t want a funeral. He would rather it be in the backyard at his house.. so we shall see since he wants cremated nothing is as time sensitive I don’t believe, then again never done anything like this. He is going to be upset if he votes democrat I know that…. Since he died in Chicago they probably log him in.

this has been an ongoing battle for 6 months I believe he was at peace and ready and he gave that to me. So it isn’t easy but I have already said goodbye 4x’s. 68 is too young…..
    When my dad died, he also wanted to be cremated. Instead of a funeral we had a celebration of life for him at my house with family and friends.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I forgot to mention...

The DoD (Dept of Defense) has a ceremony. They can send someone out if they have anyone available.
    I think the funeral home should know how to get hold of them.

Then the American Legion and/or Veteran's of Foreign Wars have their own ceremonies.
    As with the DoD, it depends on if that Post has enough volunteers.
    Just to interject a little levity into a somber subject (scroll on by if you don't liek that at this point)....

A Navy vet I know has already made arrangements to be cremated, his ashes transported to sea on a Naval Vessel and ashes spread over the ocean.

I heard @actaeon277 has arranged for his remains to be taken on a"final patrol" on a SSN, placed into a torpedo tube and launched with a water slug. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom