Not open for further replies.

Blaster89

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Northwest Indiana
    I’m very impressed with my AWD. It actually does fairly well in the snow, with “snow mode” enabled anyway. Normal mode, it does seem to want to be all over the place.
    I wish there was a way to override some of the computer systems, I’d love to go tear up some parking lots if/when we get actual snow.

Pic below from the badlands in Attica.

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpeg
      IMG_2171.jpeg
      459 KB · Views: 14

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And before anyone jumps in and says anything about taxes etc…. Taxation is still theft and if we didn’t have taxes I wouldn’t be in the dells I’d own a beach house and none of this would matter. And honestly if there weren’t plows I could also make that work and plan accordingly so no I don’t need big daddy.gub he needs me :yesway:
    Spoken like a true south of us30 anti-gov maga lover. :)

No wonder mama said we like u.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Old inherited snow blower crapped out. Had to shovel.
    To re-power it or not is the question. Rest of it is in great shape and harbor freight has a Predator that will work.
    Bring it back to life. The new ones are not nearly as well made. Maybe check bearings ect while you have it apart. But if it is within your skill set for sure bring it back to life.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Complain to the town. They'll bring out a sweet rusty box atop a car rim base as a temp before they replace it...in spring.
    I live just outside the town limits of Kouts so I think it's county that does my road.

I'm gonna see about doing a temporary rigging in the morning but I ordered a mailbox post that swings the box out of the way if it gets hit. I didn't notice it until I left for work today but I might be able to use the box again. It got knocked off once before without a scratch by someone turning around in my driveway so I might be able to reuse it again.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Bring it back to life. The new ones are not nearly as well made. Maybe check bearings ect while you have it apart. But if it is within your skill set for sure bring it back to life.
    Researched doing it and need longer studs for the engine mounting bolts, a 3/4 to 1" shaft adapter and a little
    reworking of the chute mechanism. I was a mechanic for 18 years but don't like the heavier stuff anymore. This is
    relatively easy I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom