Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Can't mix these meds!!!

I'm getting an Enbrel deliver tomorrow. So I can't take either of these anymore. In fact I have to clear the Cimzia out of my system before I can take the Enbrel.

I've tried to give away the Humira before. That is $10,000 a month, and I have 2 months worth of that medicine. Cimzia is, from what I understand, a few pennies cheaper, but not much.

I don't want these to go to waste.
    Yeah, the Cimzia was $8000 a month for me, but I got it for free as long as I had Anthem. Skyrizi is basically the only biologic that offers financial assistance for medicare patients.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    If there is a power outage, that means there's no power. So, by default, doesn't that mean the refinery is shutdown?

At any given time, there's a lot of boiling and cooking oil and gases in a refinery. There's cooling systems and catalyst injection systems, etc ... You don't shut it down quickly, and if you can't keep temps constant, it can get out of control and bad things happen. Hence the diversion to flare stacks to burn off excess product and drop pressures.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At any given time, there's a lot of boiling and cooking oil and gases in a refinery. There's cooling systems and catalyst injection systems, etc ... You don't shut it down quickly, and if you can't keep temps constant, it can get out of control and bad things happen. Hence the diversion to flare stacks to burn off excess product and drop pressures.

Mmmuuuhhhhaaaaaa
    So does this mean we get rid of chriaqi soon?

(Insert massive explosion here()

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Can't mix these meds!!!

I'm getting an Enbrel deliver tomorrow. So I can't take either of these anymore. In fact I have to clear the Cimzia out of my system before I can take the Enbrel.

I've tried to give away the Humira before. That is $10,000 a month, and I have 2 months worth of that medicine. Cimzia is, from what I understand, a few pennies cheaper, but not much.

What are the main ailments these meds are used for? With those kind of $$, I'm sure someone will take you up on your generous offer. Well done Sir!

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Can't mix these meds!!!

One other thought, Bob. Being that there are prescriptions involved, I'd be a little nervous about posting on an open forum. I don't know of a better alternative ... just sayin.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If there is a power outage, that means there's no power. So, by default, doesn't that mean the refinery is shutdown?

I've never worked at a refinery, but I imagine they have systems like we had at the mill.
    Back up generators
    Battery back ups for control systems
    Air operated motors and stored pressure tanks.
    Stuff like that.

You can't just drop energy without serious problems, so they design emergency systems.

Course, stuff fails too, even the emergency systems.
    Also, mistakes happen.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . .

You can't just drop energy without serious problems, so they design emergency systems.

Course, stuff fails too, even the emergency systems.
    Also, mistakes happen.
    I used to have family at that refinery.

From what I understand the emergency systems have limited capacity and the immediate response is a burn off to relieve pressure while the back up power kicks in and provides enough power to safely shut down.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I used to have family at that refinery.

From what I understand the emergency systems have limited capacity and the immediate response is a burn off to relieve pressure while the back up power kicks in and provides enough power to safely shut down.
    Oh, the emergency systems are usually bare bones.
    You're talking a LOT of energy.

And sometimes you have to deal with scared bosses.
    Don't want to make decisions.
    Got to call someone, who calls someone, who calls someone.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I believe the flares are part of the safety system. They are similar to relief valves to keep the process pressure in range. When the pressure gets excessive, they relieve the pressure and burn off the product.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom