• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Woodrow, you don't need to belong to NPCCC to shoot in it's matches. Just go to the website to see the type of match for the weekend and attend if your interested. They have outdoor ranges 3-pistol, 1-100 yard rifle, and 1-shotgun.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Woodrow, you don't need to belong to NPCCC to shoot in it's matches. Just go to the website to see the type of match for the weekend and attend if your interested. They have outdoor ranges 3-pistol, 1-100 yard rifle, and 1-shotgun.

GhostofWinter filled me in--I'm going to check out one of the IDPA matches.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Sooooo....who's going to be at the Pine Island lounge tomorrow evening? Thinking about 4pm should do it. I know you guys do the lunch thing, but some of us have to work.

And as for the definition of NWI. I consider it from the state line to 49 (Chesterton), and down to rt 30 (with some exceptions).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sooooo....who's going to be at the Pine Island lounge tomorrow evening? Thinking about 4pm should do it. I know you guys do the lunch thing, but some of us have to work.
    Not me. Now that school is back in session and the Fencing season is starting up I'll be leaving leaving about 1:30 pm daily. Fencing practice at the club is Monday and Wednesday evenings. Practice at the high school is 3 days a week, yet to be determined, plus matches almost every Saturday. I'm not sure when I will find time to shoot!?!

And as for the definition of NWI. I consider it from the state line to 49 (Chesterton), and down to rt 30 (with some exceptions).
    I pretty much think of Lake, Porter and even LaPort counties, pretty much south to the Kankakee river.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    FYI, Jasper has 25, 50, 100, 225, and a shotgun range. Gotta check in at the visitor center down the road first.

Last edited:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Even us semi-southern Jasper folks like to gate crash in NWI. Merrillville/Hammond/Valpo etc are no farther than Lafayette and it's in the right time zone. There's nothing like hitting the road at 4am to make an 8am meeting in Indy...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NWI is any part of IN that is in the Central Time Zone........IMO. That's a bit larger than some of you want to think, but if you look at the time zone map, it's a pretty fair representation.
    Google Image Result for http://mommydaddyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/time-zone-map.jpg

Hum... this is a good way of looking at it.

Yep. I've been in Jasper and Newton county. I'd consider the northern ends of those counties would be considered NWI.

Is there corruption in those counties? :dunno:
    Do they consider themselves to be part of the "chicagoland region"?
    If not then I don't think they can call themselves NWI. :laugh:

I would say that NWI is anything that is about 75 miles from the Chicago-Indiana border, thats what I think the locals would say anyway.

Agree with this one.

Even us semi-southern Jasper folks like to gate crash in NWI. Merrillville/Hammond/Valpo etc are no farther than Lafayette and it's in the right time zone. There's nothing like hitting the road at 4am to make an 8am meeting in Indy...

That you are wanna-be NWI folks! :D Now ya just need to buy some Hi-Points and get yourself a "da region" ride like one of these.

This is GhostOfWinter's after a drive thru Gary!
    SwordFishCar1.jpg

Next time he needs to take his backup car.
    522764099b5da2ee9ad866fb7a30c425.jpg

or else fit in with the natives in one of these.
    mcdonalds%20ghetto%20car.jpg

or
    just for you Bubba
    0709st_06_z+2007_texas_meltdown+lifted_ford_4x4.jpg

This one is for the girly girls.
    pink_bugatti_veyron.jpg

if you are low on funds since you have to re-stock all those guns you lost in the MI lake you can always go ghetto this way. Notice the "bling bling" on the rims. :D

trendy_car.jpg

& last but not least to ensure you are 100% PC and are embracing everyone's diverity you need this one.
    ghetto_car_poster-p228374961851605929trma_400.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've always thought NWI is Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Newton, and Jasper Counties... Da Region is more like Lake and Porter though (pretty much about where you can taste the air).... Looks like someones been surfing the internet for some pretty bad ride pics... LOL... How true some of those are...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've always thought NWI is Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Newton, and Jasper Counties... Da Region is more like Lake and Porter though (pretty much about where you can taste the air).... Looks like someones been surfing the internet for some pretty bad ride pics... LOL... How true some of those are...

Don't worry gunbunnies I did not show them your rides.

Smart+Car+Custom+Pink+Bunny+Edition.jpg

and
    bunny-car.png

:laugh:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Anyone turning out for cigars today? I'll be there--wrong forum, I know, but many people on here. I recon (that's the Virginia in me) I'll turn up around 11:00a. I'll want something mild, melensdad. Any recommendations for mild and inexpensive enough for me to smoke a few in a row?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jediagh, You know you got to be carefull when your putting images up about a photographer... Here's the Gunbunnies rides...

This is for the hot summer days, Miss Cedes...

Cedesbike.jpg
    http://www.gunbunnies.com/online/ingo/Cedesbike.jpg

This for the beautiful fall days... Miss Trinity...

Trinitysports.jpg
    http://www.gunbunnies.com/online/ingo/Trinitysports.jpg

and this is for those days I gotta drive through Gary... Mike from PMVS loves to show off...

PMVS.jpg
    http://www.gunbunnies.com/online/ingo/PMVS.jpg

Now those are Gunbunnies rides....

Last edited:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Girly girls nothin'. I'll drive a Veyron any day. Pink, purple, chrome whatever. I don't care if it was the pace car for the gay pride parade I'll take it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When can I meet Miss Cedes? I think you should bring her to the next MEET & SHOOT. =p

So that was the radio chatter I hear about some crAzy white guy driving a tank in gary. it was u! LOL!!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Girly girls nothin'. I'll drive a Veyron any day. Pink, purple, chrome whatever. I don't care if it was the pace car for the gay pride parade I'll take it.

Yeah, a Veyron's a Veyron's a Veyron, but why did it have to be so pink? Besides, I'm an EB110 man, myself. Yeah, like when I bought my Bugatti, I bought the EB110 and abstained from the Veyron...who am I kidding?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    That's not a tank, it's a M113 APC with a M2HB mounted on the top, very old school.... Taught one of my other models Nikki to drive it in about a half hour... She was talking about that for a couple weeks.... No we haven't ever had the chance to drive the Main Battle Tank around Gary, atleast not as of yet... But never say never, you know.... You know if you want to take that M113 for a spin, I'm sure I can arrange it, but you'll need some Diesel fuel though... The kids love it...

I could probally get Cedes to come out for alittle while also...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom