Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Perhaps he realized the same thing the military figured out a couple generations ago. The gun is handy but the cartridge is inadequate and antiquated. A modern pistol caliber carbine is just as handy, cheaper to shoot, and as effective.

Sort of but again the .30 carbine was always just a stepping stone for me before I got a .308. It's that time for it to go now. I love the gun, it's fun to shoot but it's time for the .308

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Picked up a new hedge trimmer today from the local Stihl dealership.

They took it right off the display, filled it with gas/oil, test started it for me, showed me how to use it, etc then offered to double the warranty if I bought their Stihl oil mixture. So we go back inside and the guy rings up the oil, 6 pack for $16.04.

Reach in my pocket because I know I have some loose change, but its in the same pocket as my Ruger LCP. Pull the gun, set it on the counter, with keys, etc. I have 2 dimes. Guy looks over, doesn't even bat and eye, says not to worry about the 4 cents, keeps talking like its no big deal. Because it is no big deal.

Wonder what would have happened if I had done that at the Big Box stores up in Schererville :nailbite:

New Stihl HL 90 extended reach trimmer:
    Had one of the Stihl hedge trimmers when I worked for the city, had the one with a swivel head that worked great, before and after using it, sprayed it with WD-40 and didn't have any problems.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

New parts to make the Benelli a Super Benelli. Listened to the internet instead of common sense and bought a tube that is a bit long, but it is pretty much only used in competition. 28" barrel alone is a bit much for HD, now with the extension I dont think it will be doing much for HD at all. Tube does hold 12 though, and thats nice. Big jump over the 4 that it previously held.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

New parts to make the Benelli a Super Benelli. Listened to the internet instead of common sense and bought a tube that is a bit long, but it is pretty much only used in competition. 28" barrel alone is a bit much for HD, now with the extension I dont think it will be doing much for HD at all. Tube does hold 12 though, and thats nice. Big jump over the 4 that it previously held.

:rockwoot: :drool:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:puke: missing PINK and you do seem long like lllllloooooonnnnngggggg SG don't you. Where is the goose gun? :D

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    How wet is the dirt?

Not terribly wet, but definitely not dry. Excavator father in law guessed about 2500. The smell coming from my lil v6 Dakota's brakes would agree with that estimate...

Still not the most I've had in the bed. I loaded up 40 80lb bags of quickrete when I was pouring the footings for my deck.

And then another time I towed a 3200lb car on my 2400lb trailer from Chicago to Grand Rapids.

One of these days she'll throw in the towel, but so far so good. 240,000 on the original engine trans and clutch. Redid rear brakes and suspension last year, rebuilt the entire front end this year. I'm in dire need of some new tires though.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009

I picked up this tube extension from Fugly-tac, it holds 40 rounds. Reloading is for suckers.

BFD433C4-479D-4FA8-8641-791D26D9BBFF-1049-00000099719BD990.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom