NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well the furnace is NOT running at full potential but it is running. There is a vacuum/condensation trap/switch thing . . . can't remember what it is called, but it keeps over-flowing with condensation every 3 or so hours.

Temperature is still -1(F) according to my weather stations.

This is a recurring problem with my furnace, usually on very very cold days. At this point I am not worried that I need a service call. Mostly I'm tired from getting up so damn early. And probably won't get a lot of sleep tonight as I expect this problem to continue until we get slightly warmer temps. I think it is a design flaw of the system? In any case, we are in pretty good shape. Having multiple fire places helps. The furnace is currently blowing out plenty of hot air . . . at least for the moment.

Going to roast some chicken and some cauliflower for dinner.

Things could be a lot worse. House is currently 66. We are warm enough. We have food. We are fortunate.
    Do you have a condensation trap drain hose that is plugged up maybe?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do you have a condensation trap drain hose that is plugged up maybe?
    It is a condensation issue, the hose is not plugged, there is a canister and it is supposed to catch and evaporate the condensation, excess is supposed to drain off into an overflow tube. But, as I said, there seems to be a design flaw, when the canister is totally full it stops going to the overflow tube, chokes off the furnace and the furnace won't relight unless there is a hard reset of the system or you drain the canister. But it should not be totally drained, only partially drained. I dunno why. But that is what the technician showed me several years ago. This happens only on very very cold days when the humidity is also high, today is one of those days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom