NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    My dad bought this new around 1978. About 4 years ago the second stage cast aluminum impeller let loose and the old tecumseh was shot so I found the previous model for the second stage impeller and swapped the motor that had the nice cowling and added new rotor bearings. Was going to get a new Ariens because the original tires sucked going up hills on the path. Put these tires on and my plans for a new blower went out the window.
    View attachment 241778
    Nice update and saved a good chunk of money along the way.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Today was a good day to do some cleaning.

View attachment 241914

I did a deep clean on the H&R Sportsman I just bought. This was made in 1940. One of two guns I own older than me.

View attachment 241915
    Is that one supposed to be a bird's head grip? There are similar H&R Sportsman Model 999 22lr revolvers where the grip frame is visible between the grips and runs all the way down the back and bottom and is not bird's head shape.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Is that one supposed to be a bird's head grip? There are similar H&R Sportsman Model 999 22lr revolvers where the grip frame is visible between the grips and runs all the way down the back and bottom and is not bird's head shape.
    The older ones had the one piece grip with just one screw securing the grip to the frame on the back strap. There are round butt grips that will fit this one to give it more of a birdshead type grip.

What I know about this gun is just what I've researched on the internet.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Steve got his wife a new shovel last year.

Ha! Yes I did, and she knows how to use it too. I tease about her doing the shoveling, but the truth is, we both get out and knock it out, and we get it done twice as fast as all the neighbors with their fancy motorized shovels.

As we get older, there may come a day when we don't enjoy it anymore, but for right now it's something we enjoy together.

Well let's not talk about snow anymore. Morning everyone!

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I was a slug all weekend. Did some laundry, tinkered with some pistols, fondeled a few rifles. I had planned a lazy weekend last weekend, but that didn't materialize. A job came in that I had to work on Saturday and Sunday, so this weekend I rested up.

Now it's go time again, get after it peoples!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Baby Monday GIF (GIF Image)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom