Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Spent 3 hours cutting grass on a zero turn with a 50 deck.

That was fun. Took a bit to get used to.

And couldn't remember my last oil change. Called them up... 11 months and 4 thousand miles ago.
    WOW! I worked 5 months, retired 6 months... I guess it will take some getting used to.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Spent 3 hours cutting grass on a zero turn with a 50 deck.

That was fun. Took a bit to get used to.

And couldn't remember my last oil change. Called them up... 11 months and 4 thousand miles ago.
    WOW! I worked 5 months, retired 6 months... I guess it will take some getting used to.
    The oil life indicator in my truck is moving much more slowly since I retired. It was pretty regular at 3 months but now looks to be more like 6 months in between oil changes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Made it out of the Lake County Gov Complex without troubles.

People talk about Union Workers.
    Jeez.
    We had it nowhere as good as they have it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nah, Obi Wan is still a Jedi. Vader was beaten and no longer pressing the attack so killing him here would just be murder. It contrasts pretty well against Anakin himself executing Dooku/Darth Tyranus in Revenge of the Sith.

The way I view this scene:

When he says "I am not your failure, Obi Wan" that is the Anakin part of him coming through sincere to tell his old friend Obi Wan to stop beating himself up over it. Then the personalities intermingle to say "you didn't kill Anakin Skywalker" and finally Vader takes over and says "I did"

Watch the expression on his face and the lighting from the lightsabers. He looks almost sad and remorseful and his face is lit more in the blue until "l did" at which point he gets a twisted smile on his face and the red comes in. I don't know who the director is but they did a great job. They got more emotion out of Ewan McGregor in this scene than the one in Revenge of the Sith as he watches Anakin burn(to death, as far as he knows at this point)

1656625140895.png

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Is Leeps good enough?
    Hopefully, I'll install it tomorrow
    After doing a little research, I bought some Dahl 1/4 turn shutoff valves. They are all metal with a brass ball and PTFE seals. Brasscraft KT series valves are similar. Both cost a couple bucks more than the lower priced versions with plastic balls and stems that you will find at big box stores.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After doing a little research, I bought some Dahl 1/4 turn shutoff valves. They are all metal with a brass ball and PTFE seals. Brasscraft KT series valves are similar. Both cost a couple bucks more than the lower priced versions with plastic balls and stems that you will find at big box stores.
    I have a Brasscraft, but I dont' know what series

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Are you trying to imply that the 17yo girl with pigtails and zero experience in plumbing who works at Menards is not also an expert? I thought Menards only hires the most qualified for the job.

:cool:
    Correct, the 17 yo girls with pigtails at Menards are not experts. You have to find the 17 yo girl with the ponytail. She's the expert.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Karen, I won't mention anything about her age.

Isthe go to at Griffith. To find anything in any department.

I won't say she is an expert in any trade, just a Menards expert.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Are you trying to imply that the 17yo girl with pigtails and zero experience in plumbing who works at Menards is not also an expert? I thought Menards only hires the most qualified for the job.

:cool:

I got a buddy who moved from AZ up to East Grand Forks a few years ago (when I was still in AZ myself). He would call once in awhile to keep in touch, sometimes while running errands. And often, if he was going to Menard’s, he’d say “Menard’s is for retards.” Apparently he’s not a real big fan of how unhelpful their staff is, LOL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom