NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Someone had a bad day as there was car parts all over the highway around the Ford plant exit. Traffic was down to 1 lane. Wheels, a bumper, and maybe even a door or hood? Could not make it out.
    This explains the overhead sign just south of there. It still said "debris in road, 2 left lanes blocked" this morning. Guess the sign changer is taking a looooooong lunch.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Been texting back and forth with Dasha's mom in Ukraine.

Dasha's 78 year old grandmother, and Dasha's older sister escaped through Slovakia 2 days ago.

Earlier today her 78 year old grandfather, 13 year old sister and 12 year old cousin escaped through Romania.

They are trying to meet up with each other in Bulgaria, possibly tomorrow or Saturday.

Still in Ukraine, at the family's small hotel in the western part of the country just north of Romania, remain Dasha's mom and her aunt. The hotel is open for refugees to stay, some are hoping to stay long term to wait out the war??? Or they have no homes to go back to? If her mom & aunt leave they fear that the hotel will be looted or destroyed so they are keeping it open, for now, hoping to remain safe. While we were texting the air raid sirens sounded and they had to move into the basement parking area for about 20 minutes.

We are working to try to get student study visas for the younger kids to get them into either the USA or the UK. Getting the visa is the hard part. We have to figure all that out while they are moving around.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Been texting back and forth with Dasha's mom in Ukraine.

Dasha's 78 year old grandmother, and Dasha's older sister escaped through Slovakia 2 days ago.

Earlier today her 78 year old grandfather, 13 year old sister and 12 year old cousin escaped through Romania.

They are trying to meet up with each other in Bulgaria, possibly tomorrow or Saturday.

Still in Ukraine, at the family's small hotel in the western part of the country just north of Romania, remain Dasha's mom and her aunt. The hotel is open for refugees to stay, some are hoping to stay long term to wait out the war??? Or they have no homes to go back to? If her mom & aunt leave they fear that the hotel will be looted or destroyed so they are keeping it open, for now, hoping to remain safe. While we were texting the air raid sirens sounded and they had to move into the basement parking area for about 20 minutes.

We are working to try to get student study visas for the younger kids to get them into either the USA or the UK. Getting the visa is the hard part. We have to figure all that out while they are moving around.

Some good news then, at least. I have to believe .gov is going to set up expedited arrangements for Ukraine refugees very soon. I thought I saw something about it, but am now drawing a blank. Continued good luck with it Bob. It is Bob, right?

My memory for names sucks ...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    @actaeon277

There is an aircraft carrier nuke officer on wheel of fortune right now.

He says it is really easy, they run themselves.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    @actaeon277

There is an aircraft carrier nuke officer on wheel of fortune right now.

He says it is really easy, they run themselves.
    Have you ever met an officer that DIDN'T think things ran on their own?

Though, in a way, when everything is working right, it does.
    Unlike some Russian designs that require constant adjustments, OURS are actually self-leveling.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've got a big "to do" list for tomorrow. Probably a bit optimistic, but we'll see. Mostly repotting of plants. I should probably swing over to True Value today and pick up a bag of dirt.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've got a big "to do" list for tomorrow. Probably a bit optimistic, but we'll see. Mostly repotting of plants. I should probably swing over to True Value today and pick up a bag of dirt.
    I do not see the Lake County Guns Show on the list. Don't let your weekend end like the ceiling fan fiasco. :oldwise:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom