NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Some crazy business going on just north of the Chesterton toll road exit in 49, southbound lane. I saw 2 totaled cars about 90 minutes ago on the side of the road and now a bunch of Police, Fire, and an Ambulance just passed me as I was heading to Michigan City. I don’t know what has been happening since I first saw the 2 totaled cars.
    Screenshot_20210303-194158_Maps.jpg

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Some crazy business going on just north of the Chesterton toll road exit in 49, southbound lane. I saw 2 totaled cars about 90 minutes ago on the side of the road and now a bunch of Police, Fire, and an Ambulance just passed me as I was heading to Michigan City. I don’t know what has been happening since I first saw the 2 totaled cars.
    Saw that right after it happened, per usual, someone tried to cross 49 from the watershed toward the bus barn without looking. This happens at least weekly. Hope everyone was ok but it looked bad

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Saw that right after it happened, per usual, someone tried to cross 49 from the watershed toward the bus barn without looking. This happens at least weekly. Hope everyone was ok but it looked bad
    Yeah, those 2 cars were totaled. However, what I don‘t understand is what happened to close down 49?

Yeah, that watershed intersection is no fun. I wind up just traveling south through the watershed to get to the road where the stoplight is. It takes a couple more minutes, but with how some people are texting and driving and not paying attention I’d rather take a few more minutes to get to my destination than not get there at all.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Like tire guy got shot and shot back
    My third hand knowledge is guy cuts guy off. Guy passes guy and brake checks. Guy then pulls along side and shoots guy. Gets hit in leg. Shot guy them pulls alongside shooter, and shoots first shooter killing him. I may, or may not, know one of the persons involved

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Gunness.jpg

Movie about La Porte's Infamous Serial Killer​

Posted today at 7:27am by Stan Maddux
    (La Porte, IN) - A movie is going to be filmed in the City of La Porte. The film is about serial killer Belle Gunness, who murdered a number of men in La Porte over a century ago.

Michael Bernacchi, a representative from the production company, said part of the filming will be done on Crescent Drive near the Kesling School campus. He asked that stretch of road be closed to limit noise during yesterday’s Board of Public Works and Safety meeting. His request to close the street for two or three days beginning April 27 was approved.

His grandfather was Angelo Bernacchi, the founder of Angelo Bernacchi Greenhouses in La Porte. Bernacchi said his grandfather used to sell produce to Belle Gunness in the early 1900’s.

He said the movie is part fiction about his grandfather and Belle Gunness falling in love with
    each other. “So what I did is I fabricated a love story between Belle Gunness, Belle Gunness’ foster daughter who happens to have the name Jenny Olson, and my grandfather. So, there's a romantic subplot that kind of drives the whole storyline forward. It's a whole different approach to the subject matter of Belle Gunness. It’s been tried so many times before but it's the romantic subplot that really, really drives this story ahead,” he said.

Playing Belle Gunness in the movie is Tracy Lords. She shot to fame as an actress in adult movies and later starred in mainstream films.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom