NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We do. The company my wife works for has some customers that only fax, yes, fax. We have to have it hooked up so that she can get an order from those two stores.
    It is amazing how much faxing is still going on.

There won't be many people really affected by the change. For my part, I've thought of all numbers at 10 digits for a long time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

There won't be many people really affected by the change. For my part, I've thought of all numbers at 10 digits for a long time.
    You and me both.

We still have a landline at home. It is bundled with our wonderful dsl. After I get the Starlink, we'll see.

I spent the first 12 or 15 years of my career depending a lot upon fax. We don't even have an actual fax machine at the firm anymore though some courts and some lawyers still use fax (the last people to change ANYTHING). We have a fax number and when someone sends something to it, it is automatically converted to pdf and e-mailed to the correct recipient.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

We still do a lot of faxing for people in the print shop. Many .gov and healthcare facilities require it as opposed to a scan/email. A 30 page fax takes a looooong time!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We do. The company my wife works for has some customers that only fax, yes, fax. We have to have it hooked up so that she can get an order from those two stores.

Fàx is more secure than e mail or text.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We still do a lot of faxing for people in the print shop. Many .gov and healthcare facilities require it as opposed to a scan/email. A 30 page fax takes a looooong time!

Yep. Those are the worst culpri

Yep. Those are the worst culprits.

.gov agency hands are tied by congress on FAX only vs digital scans. It has to due with privacy and old laws not being updated.

Its "more secure" to fax a document with personal information than to email/scan it. Sigh

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    .gov agency hands are tied by congress on FAX only vs digital scans. It has to due with privacy and old laws not being updated.

Its "more secure" to fax a document with personal information than to email/scan it. Sigh
    Didn't I just say that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom