NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I haven't been there in a while but it depends on which guy is there, just like JP. One is a big time range Nazi, the other mostly leaves you alone unless you actually do something stupid.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Cheers to 16 years! The wife got another notch on her belt toward sainthood for putting up with me.

View attachment 144371
    Newb.

I've been married since '85. To the same woman. She hasn't killed me yet.

But congrats and keep up the good work. Stay alive one day at a time. The phrase "Yes Dear" is your best friend. And understand that when you win an argument, you lose. And when you lose an argument, you lose. And when you tie in an argument, you still lose. So "Yes Dear" is always the correct answer.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Terrible morning. I've been at work since 3pm yesterday and I want to go home to my dogs but I still have an hour and a half left.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Newb.

But congrats and keep up the good work. Stay alive one day at a time. The phrase "Yes Dear" is your best friend. And understand that when you win an argument, you lose. And when you lose an argument, you lose. And when you tie in an argument, you still lose. So "Yes Dear" is always the correct answer.
    '82, I am still above ground because I keep my guns locked up!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Newb.

89 for me and "Yes Dear" for the win.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They finally called the volunteers back to the hospital. Washing our blue smocks. Still working on clearing out the garage after the garage sale. Boxes and boxes of stuff to donate, and saving a few nice things for "seed" in case we have another sale.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Haven't had it with my Note20 Ultra but my Pixel used to start giving me heat warnings around 95-100. We're a "cold" rolling mill but it can still get to 120 in here. They also dump a ton of water on the strip as it moves through the mill so it's humid as well. I remember seeing clouds forming up by the annealing cranes one time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Haven't had it with my Note20 Ultra but my Pixel used to start giving me heat warnings around 95-100. We're a "cold" rolling mill but it can still get to 120 in here. They also dump a ton of water on the strip as it moves through the mill so it's humid as well. I remember seeing clouds forming up by the annealing cranes one time.

Working above a BOP furnace, couple coworkers, and a couple bosses...
    Everyone's on their phone trying to look up stuff, because idiot mfgers no longer put instructions with their equipment, just a note, go to www...

So, the cells start glitching.
    Sweat gets between the plastic cover and the screen, making the phone think you're touching other parts of the screen.
    One guy finds a video. But it's in chinese, and being above a furnace we can't really hear anyway.

4.5 hours to modify the bracket and then program the device.
    Guys would stand up too fast and then just drop like a bag of potatoes.
    Bolts and nuts would drop thru the grating.
    The boss in charge of all maintenence in the area was losing his temper with other bosses calling him asking when we'd be done. (Best part of the day. Because he's famous for doing that.)
    Punching through the various menus, the temperature popped up.
    Ugh. I really didn't want to know that.

A good time.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Watching you two talk, I’m SO glad I got out of the steel mill way back when I did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom