NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    The liquid snow fell pretty hard about 15-20 minutes ago, lasted for about 10 minutes.

Let the excessive heat & humidity begin!

Personally I'd much rather have feets and feets of snow!
    Lasted about an hour here. Knocked out power to the shop. Still just sittin out here in the smokers den watching the storm pass.
    AF61C7B8-B8E7-4FE7-B429-5F8C989F3743.jpeg i can see the heat and humidity on the horizon.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    3rd power outage in the last two days in Calumet Twp. Of course I had to get my vehicle out of the garage. When's the last time you practiced opening your garage door with the emergency disconnect? Then as I was walking out the door after closing the garage door manually the power came on.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I had to cut a remove a tree limb that broke. The limb broke at the base, fell onto the limb below it and both were resting on the porch overhang. Cut the offending limb, removed it from the supporting limb and everything is good now. Except for the tree limb mess that I'll clean up when I get home from work.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    yet they cancelled the winimac youth shoot this year??
    Yeah. That's BS. I went on Kingsburys website and says no scheduled activities but if type in what ballstater98 posted it says put on by whomever (Some turkey shoot club I believe) but co hosted by DNR. Doesnt sound any different than our youth shoot

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah. That's BS. I went on Kingsburys website and says no scheduled activities but if type in what ballstater98 posted it says put on by whomever (Some turkey shoot club I believe) but co hosted by DNR. Doesnt sound any different than our youth shoot

Well, we got enough turkeys around here to do the same thing, no?

:joke:

:cowbell:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    BTW, federal employees now get over 6 weeks of PAID DAYS OFF every year.

Paid by you and me.

Those are days earned, holidays and the like. Kind of disingenuous that people work for years to get time off, and people gripe while taking their own paid vacation days. It's online how much they earn for how many years.
    Military gets 30 days a year starting out, should we be upset about that too?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    If my employer decides to recognize Juneteenth, they will make it a fixed holiday and will take away one of our flexible holidays to offset it. They did that with MLK Day this past year and it was not a popular move. No one is against MLK Day (or Juneteenth) but they did not like giving up their flexible holiday in exchange for the Company telling them when they could have a day off.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    That looks like a pretty nice facility. I've never been there.

It is a nice facility. Willow Slough has the same layout and I assume that the other modernized ranges in the state do as well. I used to shoot at Kingsbury back in the 90's when it was an old school unsupervised range with dirt berms. They shut it down when stray rounds started entering the businesses occupying the old buildings beyond the berms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom