NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    If you guys ever get a UPS package tracking where you can follow the GPS of where your delivery is, just don't, it will give you anxiety. My driver was literally just around the corner
    like 4 hours ago and then he went right past my road eventually ending up in Valpo and he's just now making it back around.
    Heck we are literally 5 minutes from the Tri-City terminal and we are always one of the last stops. The only way to get your package before noon is to order something huge so it is in their way in the aisle of the truck then you get a morning delivery. Otherwise, they'll get us on the way back to the terminal. Who knows how many of our packages have gone right past the house in the morning to start the route.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If you guys ever get a UPS package tracking where you can follow the GPS of where your delivery is, just don't, it will give you anxiety. My driver was literally just around the corner
    like 4 hours ago and then he went right past my road eventually ending up in Valpo and he's just now making it back around.
    Had a package Saturday that the gps tracking quit working when it got in my area

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    It's more frustrating than watching the tracking from the point of origin and watch it drive past the point of delivery.

Although, one time, yes, one time we used that to our advantage. We were headed out of town. We knew the package was scheduled to be delivered that day. We watched the GPS and got frustrated a few times when he was a block or two away only to see him pop up on the other side of town. Finally, we could wait no longer. Looked at the GPS, went to where the truck was got the package and headed out of town.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife is changing up the landscaping....once again, so free to good home.

19 day lily clumps. Clumps not pictured are still planted
    Produce a beautiful red flower. These bloom in July for us.

Take 5, 10, or all. North Hobart pickup

PM if interested or text if you already have my number

Spoken for

IMG_20210405_171307816.jpg
    20200729_094751_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

A coworker uses that, so he can use his door bell camera to tell the driver to put the package in a certain place.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Our driver's path takes him north of 20 into the dune communities and my house is on the was back across 20. It puts his open door facing the driveway. I can watch him drive past down the road.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    BS, are the fires close to you?
    Kind of. They are more west of Chellberg Farm by the Dunes Education Center and the kayak launch on Beam. Most of the smoke was going straight up or down toward the interstate. The truck stops have to be irritated. I drove past some right by the road north of 20. They had been clearing out underbrush since last year to do it.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Has anyone been to Kempf’s recently? If so, how’s their stock? They’ve been nice tome the past few times I’ve rolled in and I haven’t visited in while.

Wife is changing up the landscaping....once again, so free to good home.

19 day lily clumps. Clumps not pictured are still planted
    Produce a beautiful red flower. These bloom in July for us.

Take 5, 10, or all. North Hobart pickup

PM if interested or text if you already have my number

Spoken for

View attachment 134148
    View attachment 134149
    Purty!

I was out tending to my plants yesterday. I’ve got enough lillies as it is, so much that the deer just love to chomp them down, as well as my phlox and hostas.

Downright pisses me off, ‘cause it’s just as these plants are coming up.

Any advice, anyone, on how to deal with the deers’ case of the munchies (that doesn’t involve me shooting them in the face...)? I got some deer repellant spray, but I don’t have much confidence.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Any advice, anyone, on how to deal with the deers’ case of the munchies (that doesn’t involve me shooting them in the face...)? I got some deer repellant spray, but I don’t have much confidence.
    Strong fragrant plants like lavender and garlic near the plants you dont want them to eat works. If it's an option with landscaping, anything thorny as well will help to keep them away as well.

Shooting them works best though :):

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    This past weekend we went to Des Moines to visit our daughter at Drake. On the way we stopped at Brownell's. They had a decent supply of new and used guns, nothing outstanding. Ammo supply was decent as well. Most of the popular calibers. Oddly, they had some ammo in-store that isn't on line. 1000 rd case of Federal 5.56 for $700 and 450 rd ammo cans of 5.56 for $470. I don't see those on-line.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Thought about stopping there when I picked up the puppy in Iowa but I had just spent probably way too much on a dog so I had to pass lol

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Tried going to sleep early last night, but kept going, after I finish this chapter and I'll go to sleep. Almost 2 hours later finally made myself stop. Oh well, I can sleep when I'm dead.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Thought about stopping there when I picked up the puppy in Iowa but I had just spent probably way too much on a dog so I had to pass lol
    I was a bit disappointed. I expected the "showroom" to be larger with more stuff available. There were a few things they have on line, that I wanted to take a look at, but noooo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom