The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Passing on turkey hunting today as it's going to be raining, just about choked on what it costs to get a taxidermy mount done these days.
    My youngest got his first deer two seasons ago and I paid for the mount. I think it was like $600? He went to mount last season's buck and it was $750. Granted, this is from a very good taxidermist but son said "no thanks" and we just did a Euro mount ourselves....

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Apparently our local Wendy’s was robbed at gun point last night. The perp fled and was last seen a few blocks from our house. A manhunt was actively underway by police with aerial coverage by a chopper. Momma Bear was very concerned about the whole situation so I slept on the couch by our main entry door with our dog and a CZ. Our dog is very good at alerting us to any commotion around the house (annoyingly so). I only got few hours of sleep. Last I heard the perp hasn’t been found.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Passing on turkey hunting today as it's going to be raining, just about choked on what it costs to get a taxidermy mount done these days.
    I gave a friend of mine permission to go turkey hunting at my place and he said hunters were invading him. Nobody else has permission but that doesn't seem to matter. If I wasn't working, I would start mowing all the paths about daybreak. :bat:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Optics cut done on the Dan Wesson .45 Commander. I was without a .45 red dot gun and this is my most accurate one so it got the go ahead. Front sight is a place holder. Plan is to do an initial sight in, then install irons of appropriate height. I will be making a rear sight that installs into the back of the optic and replaces the plastic filler plate.

View attachment 348190 View attachment 348191 View attachment 348192 View attachment 348193 View attachment 348194
    The only problem with the DPP's is they have the most extreme deck height, your front sight is going to have to be really tall.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I gave a friend of mine permission to go turkey hunting at my place and he said hunters were invading him. Nobody else has permission but that doesn't seem to matter. If I wasn't working, I would start mowing all the paths about daybreak. :bat:

Nobody except me hunting since opening day, no shots heard and no cars at entrance points to the HNF.

Turkey hunting for me has changed over the years as birds just don't gobble like they used to so it's more of a find a spot, set out decoys, call a little and wait. Two years ago I called in some hunters, could not believe they thought the decoys were real birds.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Apparently our local Wendy’s was robbed at gun point last night. The perp fled and was last seen a few blocks from our house. A manhunt was actively underway by police with aerial coverage by a chopper. Momma Bear was very concerned about the whole situation so I slept on the couch by our main entry door with our dog and a CZ. Our dog is very good at alerting us to any commotion around the house (annoyingly so). I only got few hours of sleep. Last I heard the perp hasn’t been found.
    Must be some serious drugs or withdrawal from them involved in the decision making to rob a Wendy's.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    That's the Wendy's right off I65 isn't it? Easy escape back onto the interstate.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    That's the Wendy's right off I65 isn't it? Easy escape back onto the interstate.
    Yes, but he fled on foot. Some people suspect that he had a get-away car in town.

Apparently he walked in, ordered food, then held a gun to the cashier’s head and said “empty the register”.
    Anymore, unless someone is seriously harmed, I wonder how hard the authorities search ?

LPD doesn’t play around. It was a full on manhunt. They are still investigating but are out of leads as I understand it and asking the public to reveal any info they might have.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, but he fled on foot. Some people suspect that he had a get-away car in town.

Apparently he walked in, ordered food, then held a gun to the cashier’s head and said “empty the register”.

LPD doesn’t play around. It was a full on manhunt. They are still investigating but are out of leads as I understand it and asking the public to reveal any info they might have.
    Wonder how much he got. Can't imagine it would be much.

That said, I guess an easier target with less risk than a liquor store, etc.

Top Bottom